Spiritual Warfare •1•

Unedited; enjoy 💖
•••••••

Karen

I stood face to face with my estranged big sister not knowing the words to say or what emotions to react with for that matter. I was at a complete loss of words. She and I stood there staring at one another which made things awkward and to top it all off she had someone with her.

"Well, are you going to stand there staring at me or are you going to hug your big sister?" Denise asked, walking in further.

"I-I'm sorry... I just was not expecting to see you. It's been well over twenty years." I said.

"I know, and I'm sorry that it took so long. I definitely had to get my life together after our last encounter, but I'm here now and I would love a hug if that's okay?"

I smiled awkwardly as I gestured to her that it was okay. She pulled me in for a hug as Dave and I made eye contact.

"What the fuck is going on?" Dave mouthed to me.

"I have not the slightest clue." I mouthed back.

We broke apart after a moment as I smiled again and this time it was genuine.

"I have a few questions if that's okay?" I asked.

"Yes, of course." Denise said.

"Well, what brings you here after all these years and how did you know where my husband and I lived?"

"Husband? Oh goodness.. what happened to Bishop?" Denise asked.

"That's not important, but your answers are." I said.

"Well, after I gave my life to the Lord and he completely stripped me of all of my sinful ways and wrongdoings I got filled with the Holy Ghost and went through the process of sanctification. Now, I'm an Evangelist preaching the gospel everywhere I go. I'm here because you've been on my heart heavily these past nine months. I would have came to you sooner, but I didn't know where you were and I didn't even know where to began looking for you. It took me awhile, but I was finally able to get some information on you and turns out your husband David Jr is a famous retired tattoo artist. So, now that I'm here I just want to say that I am so sorry for everything. The way things ended between us shouldn't have been. Back then I was stubborn and stuck in my ways, but life is too short to just ends things like that and never speak again. Now, if it's not too much to ask I was wondering if we could sit down and have a discussion?"

Dave and I looked at each other for a moment before I looked behind her at the young woman that she had behind her.

"Yes, we can but before we do that who is this if you don't mind me asking?" I asked, admiring the beautiful caramel girl behind Denise

Looking at her, I could tell that she had some of our complexities and similarities as well.