35. BEING

"But I only got half a heart,
to give to you.
And I hope it's enough."

(Do read the previous chapter again, or you'll be just as lost as I was when I started writing it)

Subhadra and Drauapdi would not stop talking. At all.
That evening, while the kids sat with the Pandavas, both of them walked together in the lush gardens of Dwarka, intent of fitting talk worth of fourteen years into a single day. They were literally on the verge of camping out in the dark, but fortunately were pulled off each other by Nakul.

"Ladies, the sun will rise tomorrow for you to presume this incredibly dreadful chatter. And by God, I'm famished. You both are worseing the situation." said the crafty brother and pulled them to the dining.

It was havoc down there, the kids were having the time of their lives with the Five brothers. Even Yudhishthir couldn't keep his calm face intact as Sutasoma mimicked the girls who had been giving Prativindhya heart eyes as he went on a round in the city.

Sahadev was animatedly talking to Shatanika about Nakul's hair routines in the vanavas and how he grumbled on having lost the sheen of his skin while the latter denied it bluntly.

Meanwhile Bheem was stuffing all kinds of sweets into the Arjunputras' mouths. Subhadra swore she saw Vibodh gagging into Abhimanyu's uttariya. Shrutkarma was trying very hard to keep a straight face. Apparently everybody was too thin according to the second Pandava.

On the other hand, Arjun was spewing some philosophy into Shrutasena and Aashvi, who were staring at him with their jaws hung in awe.

So this is what they had missed all these years. The family of Pandu felt complete, after a long time.

"Are you overwhelmed Bhadra? " Draupadi shifted to her side.

"Very."she chuckled.

---------------

" Sooo.. "

"I uhh.. "

"Umm.. "

"Oh god dammit! You know what, I'm not sure if you've aged, I'm not sure the Yadavas age at all. Do all of you have Parijat for breakfast?"

Nobody moved. Not even the wind. Deadly quiet.

Subhadra got up on her feet and gave him a smack on his chest, her eyes had almost abandoned their sockets,
"You, Madhya Pandava,

she started poking his chest as he took timid steps backward. Who knew what came upon the woman?

" Maharathi Prithaputra Gandivdhari Arjuna..

Each syllable was stressed out in mockery. Arjun's back hit the wall, he was cornered by a lady half his height.

"Meet your youngest wife after, I don't know, FOURTEEN YEARS and the first thing you ask her is she's been feeding on Parjiat leaves?"

----------------------

A good ten rooms away Krishna almost fell down in a fit of laughter, wiping his tears and laughing and gasping.

Satyabhama looked at him shunned, just a minute ago she was telling him that she's put on some weight and is feeling insecure of it and now he's cackling like a witch on Halloween.