20. LET LOOSE

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind
Cause all of me, loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning

"What are pointing at Bheem?" approached Yudhishtira, sensing the graveness of his sudden outburst.

"This is the famous deadly venom of Gandhar, Jyesth. It's him. That bastard wretched beast whom we call our uncle!"spoke Bheem, disgust clear on his face.

"Mamashree Shakuni."rolled out of Arjun's tongue, with a cold voice, a voice he never used before.

"Why would Gandhar Raj, attack the children, they've never wronged him!"exclaimed Subhadra, baffled by the mere thought.

"Why would he mix poison into the food of a ten year old boy? Why would he fill his nephews up with hatred against us? Why does he do anything at all? He's a blind vengeful power, with a fixed aim, our downfall, their prosperity."finished Sahadeva.

"How can any of us move about freely in our own home, with this potential threat looming overhead? I don't think I'll be able to let my kids out of my sight for even a second. They were lucky that they had Subhadra by their side today, but what if they don't have anyone tomorrow?"voiced Draupadi, her hands trembling at the mere thought.

"You know what you have to do Arjun."Yudhisthir said in a commanding tone.

Arjun nodded his head and turned to look at Subhadra who gave him an assuring smile.

He turned away and marched out, his angvastra swaying behind him, a serious look on his hardened face.

Draupadi, fussed around the chamber, while Subhadra lay, on the cushioned bay window looking out of the window, at the hued sky. Arjun hadn't been back, she was held captive in her chamber, and she couldn't get his angered look out of her head. It was the first time, that she actually saw the hot headed warrior side of him, it seemed so unknown to her.

Draupadi sensed her running worries and hugged her from the behind. "You gave me a scare, Bhadra. What will I tell Govind, when he asks me about this?"

She hugged her back, not knowing what to say. Both of them just stayed there, leaning on each other, their warmth seeking into their skins.

"How are the kids?"she asked, breaking the silence.

"They were scared, to be honest. But I've prepared them for it, they're gonna have to see a lot more of it in the near and distant future. This feud in Kuruvansh, is gonna take a turn for the worse, is what I feel."

Subhadra hummed, distracted again.
"I'll get you something for supper, you haven't had anything other than Arya Nakul's remedy."she got up.