17. MORTAL PAIN

So much I know
That things just don't grow
If you don't
Bless them with your patience
And I've been there before
I held up the door
For very stranger
with a promise

The sun was pouring in through the window, a swift morning breeze sent ripples down the curtains, and the early dew has settled on the honeysuckle.

Subhadra scrunched her eyes, due to the sunlight's bright glare. Slowly, she lifted her eyelids and adjusted to the brightness. It took her a few moments to realise, where she was, her new home, Indraprastha.

She felt her hands grasped by Arjun, slowly she slipped out of his hold, feeling somewhat happy, to have him with her.

Very carefully, she sat up and looked over at the person lying beside her. His shoulder length locks, were scattered all over, not a single worry line etched on his face, he looked serene, his breathing soft and deep.

She was not herself anymore, her heart acted weird around Arjun, jumping out of place. Brushing off her thoughts she got up reluctantly, not exactly a morning person.

She tiptoed out of the chamber, to the bathing arena, to get ready for the day.

When she returned she saw the chamber empty, possibly he had left. But then, she saw the ambidextrous one standing by the balcony.

"You're back."said Arjun, and turned around.

"Uh yeah. But how did you get dressed this quickly?"she commented.

"I am a fast person Subhadra."he winked at her. She gave him the look.

"I'll be going to the Rajyasabha, and you can check in with Panchali, alright?"he asked setting his Angvastra and failing miserably.

She took the garment from his hand and draped it neatly across his chest. Patting the garment, she said, "That's how you do it. My brothers also fumbled a lot like you."

He smiled, "I'll get going, take care. I'll see you in the afternoon."

She had her handmaidens to help her find her way in the new buildings, otherwise with the clever and confusing plan of the palace, she would've remained in the hallways for an eternity.

Finally, she reached the Bhojan Kaksh, it looked and smelled heavenly, with the mouth watering smells brimming in the air.

She went up to Draupadi and greeted her, which she reciprocated with a hug, "Are you settled in Bhadra, was everything alright?"

"More like perfect! So, how can I help here Jiji? Now that I am here, you don't have to worry about everything all by yourself, we'll share the load."she spoke up.

"Oh thank heavens! I think you can help me in  preparing the lunch. It's so hard to cook, if your husband is a brewed chef who likes everything prim and perfect." she laughed, commanding a few cooks meanwhile.

"Oh, I almost forgot! I promised that I'd make Bhrata Bheem, the Dwarka Kheer, my brother's favourite. I better get going?"she slapped her forehead.