2. ASTROPHILIC TENDENCIES

"She was the type who fell in love with the moonlight, stardust and chaos, everything beautifully unreachable."

The sun had gone to his slumber, and a mystic darkness had befallen all around. The night sky looked like thousands of fireflies dancing across a deep ocean of dark blue. The entire creation was resting after another day, reviving itself.

Other than the nine year old girl, her eyes mirroring the same magic as the sky. Subhadra had always been fascinated with the dark and silent beauty of the night. Often, she used to sit in the garden near her chamber, late at night, simply drinking in the sight, as if it would go the minute she looked away. Tonight was no different, until she saw someone come and sit beside her.

She looked up to see her Bhai (Krishna) looking at the sky and not paying any attention to her whatsoever. He pleasured in annoying her like that.
Sighing at the immaturity of his supposedly mature jyesth, she asked, "What brings you here in the middle of the night, bhratashree?"

Finally, he faced her, a mischievous glint in his eyes and retorted, " I could ask you the same, little one."
She frowned at him and he chuckled in response.

" Can't a girl while away some time, observing beauty ?" she replied her eyebrows raised.

Krishan leaned an arm around her and she quietly settled in his embrace, the safest place on the earth , when he questioned, " Why don't you do your observations in the day, you'll see the world a little more colourful, don't ya think ?"

She smiled up at him, "Bhai, there's a difference. You see the day shows us the beauty of the world, which seems so close and reachable however the night shows us the beauty of the universe, alluring and so very far. It fascinates me, to think of something so unreachable yet in front of me."

Krishna grinned widely at her response, not having expected it out of the little girl, who was by now fast asleep cuddled into him.

The creator smiled thinking, how Yogmaya always praised Narayan for his creation, how awestruck she was by his work. Gently he picked her up, took her to her chamber and laid her down, pressing a kiss on her forehead. He left to retire, all the while smiling at the future the awaits Subhadra, born out of the love of the night sky.

This chapter has a monumental role in the future, as Subhadra's life will be greatly affected her astrophilic tendencies.

Kindly vote and comment!
Signing off