19. MARQUIS OF SNAKES

There's blood in the water
And they're coming to tear me down
What's hope with no saviour
Yeah there's no one in this ghost town

The sharp quilled arrow hit her shoulder, and pierced it getting through and through.

She turned, rage and awareness evident in her eyes, and with the flick of the invisible bow, turned the other approaching venomous quills into thin air.

Furthermore, she charged an illusionary rope, towards the direction of the attacker, and the latter fell down from his hidden perch, entangled on the ground.

But, her eyes blurred as she pulled out the piercing weapon from her shoulder blade, and saw the nasty green venom, seeping out of it.

She turned, to the kids who'd woken up due to the hustle, and looked at her in shock.

Prativindhya, got down and went up to her, "What happened mother? Why are you bleeding?"

"Prativindhya, run to the royal court, approach your father and tell him that there has been an intrusive attack on the royal family. Tell him, that I've captured the offender, who's fallen down in the orchard. Run, fast!"she barely spoke. "And take Suatsoma, with you, he's not safe alone."

"You'll be fine?"asked the kid, doubtfully.

"I'll be fine."she smiled at him.

Then she tied a cloth laying nearby tightly across her shoulder, preventing the venom from reaching any further.
Also, she tightly wrapped her wound, cutting off all the blood supply. Now, that she's taken care of the damage, she proceeded towards the ayurvati's chambers, urgently, cause she could feel that she was loosing blood by the minute.

However the venom, was no ordinary one, it was a strongly brewed potion, and its effect was far more stronger than any other.

Midway, she stumbled into Draupadi, now heavily pregnant, who was just going to search for her, "Subhadra! What's going on?"she cried out looking at her injury.

"I'll tell you but, I must get to the medics fast. The, the quill was poisoned ."she stumbled, her walk dizzy now.

"Oh God, we must dash."and Draupadi supported her.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Yudhisthira was deliberating on a very crucial topic, with his assembly.
"We've got to know, that there is an intruder, who's taken refuge in our palace."

"From which state?"asked Nakul, worried.

"That is the problem, we've no idea whatsoever."he answered.

"We must get him before he does any harm."said Bheem cracking his knuckles, forever ready for a good fight.

"I'll raise the security, deploy more soldiers in the palace."announced Arjun, feeling suddenly at unrest.

"And we just monitor, the refugees and all those who enter Indraprastha. Many kingdoms, send their spies, to such emerging powers."suggested the younger twin.