30. DWARKA, YET AGAIN

I need somebody to heal, somebody to know

Somebody to have, somebody to hold

It's easy to say, but it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain

Now the day bleeds into nightfall

And you're not here to get me through it all

I let my guard down, and then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

Shrutkarma was leaning on Subhadra's shoulder, running his fingers over Shrutasena's head, caressing him very tenderly. This was one of his prominent traits, he was very mindful, well aware and moldable to the other person's conditions.

Sounds of heartwarming laughter could be heard from the chariot ahead, apparently Vasudeva was keeping the three kids well amused by his never ending tales of humor. Having him was a great relief, he was the perfect groomer. Well, she turned out pretty well, now didn't she?

Subhadra could vaguely remember her brothers telling her that she'd always be their first child, when she complained that they'd get over her once they have their own kiddies. Now, she used the same to tease her nephews and nieces, having snatched the title from them beforehand.

Without warning, the palanquin was stopped as was the chariot. Having taken it to be due to some kind of an obstruction enroute, she stepped out, placing the baby on the soft cushion inside, and assigning the elder one to keep an eye on him.

There stood Krishna, talking to the soldiers while the three kids skipped along the river bank. She went up to him, and he smiled at her, waving the guards off.

"What's this halt for? Dwarka's still a few hours away." she said, covering her face with her hand.

"It should take us about five more hours to reach, but we'll cover it up tomorrow. Let's camp out here tonight." he twinkled, with the excitement of a five year old.

"There's no need to abate today, we can easily reach Dwarka before nightfall." she reasoned at his odd decision.

"Well, the kids also want to halt. They are tired and this place seems good enough for breaking the motion sickness. Remember how Dad took us out camping every year in the spring, we used to have the best time ever. Let the kids enjoy too. Plus, we'll set up the tents in that shady clearing, Surya Dev seems to be in a mood today." he laughed, surely the lad must have again been stuck between the cat fight of his wives, it was a monthly affair.

She turned to see the camp already being put up in the clearing, nestled carefully in the breast of the mango grove. And, thus the true motive of this unplanned night out was revealed to her.

"We have orchards back home. Me and Dau got one grown, inside the palace mainland."she rolled her eyes, sometimes she found it hard to believe, that this grown up baby brother of his, is fathering kids. Unknown to all but the family, was the fact, that Yadavshresth Vasudeva Krishna, was a complete sucker for mangoes.

He raised his arms grumbling, "Would you look at how plump and big they are, I swear I've never such sized mangoes. Do not be a buzzkill Ruchi!"

She huffed in defeat, she did not have the patience to witness his tantrums like Dau, "Go ahead, go ahead brother."

He side hugged her in sheer joy, and went to call the boys for lunch.