10. SO LONG

Tears flew heavily down her soft cheeks as she relived the most dreadful moments of Rajmata Kunti.

"You can't tell anyone about this Subhadra. Not a single soul."

"Bhrata Krishna? I have never kept anything away from him! How can I possibly hide this? And how can I let Rajkumar Arjun fight with Angraj, knowing the truth? I can't let brothers do this to themselves unknowingly. Bua, you must tell them, you must not let such enimity prevail!" she urged.

"I've tried, believe me. I wanted to tell Arya (husband) , I wanted to tell my father, I wanted to get this weight off my chest, but I lack courage. I've always been fearful of the circumstances that follow.   I never thought in my wildest dreams that this mistake, would turn out to be this grave."she joined her hands before Subhadra.
"Please help me, daughter."

Her heart went out for the elderly woman, "I won't tell this to anyone mother. I give you my word, but promise me you'll tell them some day. This relationship must not go hidden till the end of time. Promise me you'll tell them the moment you have enough courage. I'll stand by you, always." she wiped out her tears.

Kunti hugged her niece, and felt relief, that she had someone to hold on to for the hard times that were looming overhead.

Days and night went by, quickly as the sand in a time turner. Subhadra and Arjun developed a very strong connection. They were best friends, who completed each other's words.

Personally, Arjun never found anyone who understood him as completely as Subhadra did. They could talk for hours on end, about anything and everything.

"I've gotta go tomorrow, Bhratashree is coming to take me."she said her hands swaying as she walked in the warm afternoon. A grave silence hung after her statement.

"We will meet soon, Sakhi (friend). I've had the best time in the past few days. God, I'll miss you." he said, his shiny eyes honest to his words.

She smiled up at him, "Who knows what condition we will be in when we meet again?"

"Whatever conditions, we will make them better. We always do."said Arjun, keeping his hand on her shoulder.

"I never knew that you're this good at comforting people Ajay!" she raised an eyebrow up at him.

"I've got skills." he boasted and she pinched his cheeks.

" Phalguni hasn't grown up has he ?" she smirked and bolted.

Arjun was chasing her laughing figure, when they both ran into Bhrata Bheem, who looked angrily at Arjun.

" Uh huh Anuj ! How dare you trouble my sister. Look at her innocent face, she's such an angel."he placed his arm around her shoulder and offered her a laddoo.

"Angel! More like the devil in disguise."he mumbled.

" Did you say something, Prince?"she glared.

" Uh no. Who am I to say anything? I mean no." he smiled sheepishly.

"Subhadra, Jyesth was calling you. He said he has a special surprise. Come along."said Bhrata Bheem.

The trio went along chatting and laughing. When they reached the chamber, Subhadra saw Bhrata Krishna, taking to Bhrata Yudhishthira and the twins looking at her all smiles.

"Bhratashree!" she exclaimed, who turned and gave her his best smile.
She ran and jumped into his arms. He swiftly caught her and spun her around. The Pandavas warmed up at the sibling love. It was evident that they were inseparable parts of each other.

Krishna put her down and said, " I missed you."

She replied, "Likewise, big brother, likewise."

Krishna then turned to look at Parth who was already gawking at his pen pal, "Will you continue looking at me or do you plan on saying something Parth?" laughed Krishna and hugged him.

Arjun hugged back, "You're real!"

"Duh, of course I am. Who do you think has been writing to you all this time?" he smiled.

Krishna was catching up with Subhadra in the evening when Arjun came.

"Did I disturb you both? I'll leave so."

"Oh, don't worry. I was just asking my sister about you."he replied. "Do you mind accompanying me in a small quest? I've heard of your competence. Would you mind using it for my well being?"he smirked looking at Subhadra knowingly.

"Of course Madhav. Your word, my command. Tell me what I must do?"replied Arjun promptly.

Chuckling he asked Subhadra, "Do you have a long saree Chitra? Long enough to cover someone who is my height and build? Some jewellery perhaps?"

Subhadra looked at Arjun mischievously, "Sure I do Bhai."

Arjun felt heat rising up in his stomach, Surely the Dwarka siblings were up to no good.

"I believe you have found yourself a Brinhalla Bhai!"chuckled Subhadra.

"Sure have!" he laughed along.

Arjun having understood the whole parody, stood completely dumbfounded.

I'll update when I get a decent number of votes.