6. TEASING SPREE

" There can be no better companion than a brother, there can be be no better friend than a sister."

The whole family of Dwarka was hyped over the news of their princess being blessed with such a divine boon. A boon of this sort had never been heard of before, the bards and story tellers were in a frolic, they had never heard a story this amusing.

"Sister, you already had a ton of princes as your silent admirers but after this, it seems like a new wave has spread all over."addressed Dau.

" Ah, I won't let her go this easily Bhai, she's got a lot to do before even thinking of all this marital stuff and whatnot."said Krishna lazily.

" I have no interest either. I'll not spare you with even one moment of peace. You've been shackled for the rest of your miserable lives. And speaking of marital stuff and what not, I got to know of a flurry of letters being passed between Dwarka and Vidharba."Subhadra smirked.

Krishna choked on the water and abruptly began, " Vidharba! What nothing ? Letter you say? I've never even heard of the place."

"Easy Kanha, you think you could hide the blooming affections between you and Rajkumari Rukmini, from your own siblings?" smiled Dau pulling his leg.

" Bhratashree, you focus of Revati Bhabi, she looks sick of being with you." joked Krishna earning a slap on the back of his head.

" But isn't Rajkumari Rukmini promised to our cousin, Bhrata Sishupal?" inquired Yadavi.

" Only time can tell, but now I must find myself a Brinhalla."smiled Krishna.

"Brin who ?" blinked Subhadra.

" Oh you'll befriend her soon enough, little sister."he twinkled.

Their banter was interrupted by their father, who's face was gleaming as if he had heard the happiest news in the world. "My kids. Today my happiness knows no bounds. You remember your aunt Kunti, don't you, my dear sister? Her sons have returned from Gurukul and she's invited all of us to Hastinapur for their welcome and strength display event. She says she's eager to meet you." he ended, his eyes shining with tears of joy.

"Pitashree, it would mean the world to us to meet bua, but we can't leave considering the looming threat of Magadhraj Jarasandh. We must stay for the protection of Dwarka" pointed Balrama,sensible as always.

Vasudeva, looked distraught, he really wanted his kids to meet their Bua. Even his eyes were thirsting to see his nephews, the Pandavas.

"Father, me and Dau can't go. But we mustn't let the invite go in vain. We should send Subhadra." Krishna said.

" Yes Pitashree, I also got a personal letter from my Sakhi Dushala from Kanyakul, begging me to visit. But, I don't want to leave Dwarka knowing the present situation." replied a worried Subhadra.

" Huh, you think we won't be able to protect our home. Are you questioning our competence, Bhadre?" retorted Krishna faking mock hurt.

" Oh please Bhai, everybody knows that I can fight almost as good as both of you in combat. Isn't it right, Father?" replied Bhadra mischievously.

" Of course dear, you are one of the most trained girl in the whole of Aryavrat, along with Panchal Kumari Shikhandini." said Vasudeva, putting an arm around her shoulder.

" You always take her side, Pitashree!" exclaimed Krishna.

Dau laughed," Oh hush you two! Subhadra, you go and get ready to leave for Hastinapur tomorrow."

This won't go exactly as it is in the tv shows and fanfics. We won't directly jump into Arsu. It will be more of a best friend turned lovers kinda slow burn. This trip to Hastinapur will be the establishment of a best friend relationship with Arjun, partners in crime with Nakul, mutual foodies with Bheem, literature fans with Sahadev and strong trust with Yudhishthira. I feel any relationship should have a backstory before directly jumping in.

Don't forget to vote and comment! If you want any particular scenario to happen in this visit to Hastinapur, do let me know.
Signing off