How It Began (1)

Cough!

Another handful of blood came out of his mouth, but Cale was too occupied to care. He was switching between his ancient powers at a fast rate, not losing focus on the two hunters.

It was two against one.

His comrades could only watch the battle in panic and concern. Choi Han, Eruhaben, and Raon were still trying to break open the steel cage each of them was trapped in. Rosalyn couldn't even help with long-range attacks because the cage seemed to disable her mana. It was weird. Nothing can seem to break it.

It felt like... it was a power out of this world. Something that even dragons would have a hard time resisting.

And they knew that at this moment, Cale was fighting against those very dangerous enemies.

"Cale!"

"Young Master Cale!"

"These fucking chains!"

Everyone called out his name while either banging on the cage or pulling on the chains tying them down. The cries fell deaf in his ears.

The person in front of the redhead laughed maniacally, shooting a bright light of white mana which he deflected with his water spear. "How does it feel to finally be on the receiving end, Descendant of Thames?"

Cale had no time to respond. He dodged an incoming giant thorn of steel that slightly scratched his cheek. He could've lost his head.

The bloodied commander blasted rose gold lightning from his hands, and these hunters blocked it with ease. However, before they could attack, vines were binding them, starting from their legs to their arms.

"I don't like it," Cale answered their previous question, wiping the blood from his lips. "You running your mouth about nonsense. It's annoying."

Who said that he'll be on the receiving end? He will always find a way to smack the enemies back, especially if they harmed his family. No matter what it takes.

"Human, watch out!" Raon shouted in alarm, but Cale was ready.

He sent a giant wave of thunderbolt towards the steel man who almost attacked him, and he didn't stop. He would only stop once this man drops dead.

– Cale, stop! You're at your limit!

He could hear the shout of Super Rock in his head, which he swiftly ignored.

"Ugh!" Cale coughed again, and blood began to spill from his nose.

– C-Cale! I-I can't heal you fast enough! This is...!

The Crybaby cried in panic, working itself to the bone and trying hard to maintain Cale's vitality.

– THESE XXX PIECES OF XXX! I'LL XXX KILL THEM ALL!

– I'm so hungry, I can't keep going like this...

– Cale, you're using too much of my power!

– You can still use my wind and run!

Run? Not a chance. He knew if he runs now, they'll only come back to toy around with him. They're strong. He may be able to escape but...

Cale glanced at his friends, trapped in those cages.

If he runs, he'll abandon them.

He doesn't want to be alone, not again.

The redhead grinned, stepping closer as he watched the man getting burned. Loud screams of agony reached his ears, but they didn't faze him the slightest. He has to end this, now.