[Intermission 6] Presents

Start from the beginning

You were quick to summon your own Element and jump right into your Spinjitzu. Despite your lack of usage, your Spinjitzu came forth faster than ever before. Swirls of dark green surrounded your body, giving you a protective shield of furious winds against Kai's relentless inferno of energy. Your tornado rushed forward and collided against Kai's tornado of flames.

You reached out with one of your kunai. Your weapon clanged against metal, and immediately after something sharp cut against your upper arm. A burning sensation followed up, but you didn't put any of your focus on your injury. The two tornadoes of elemental energy disappeared into nothing. Kai had stumbled back in surprise, dropping his sword in the process, while you immediately jumped forward with another attack. In swift succession, you appeared beside a startled Kai and swung your leg low. Your foot collided with the back of Kai's knee, and he quickly crumbled to the ground in defeat.

You put your kunai away and were about to extend a hand to help Kai up, but the red ninja suddenly jumped to his feet. You pulled out one of your kunai again, ready to continue the battle, but Kai's worried expression caught you off-guard. You lowered your kunai as the four ninja rushed to your aid, worry and concern laced within their voices.

You glanced over at Kai's Sword of Fire. Its end was stained with a bit of blood, bubbling against the viciously-hot surface of the golden blade. You lifted your arm and glanced at your new injury. A finger-length cut had appeared on your upper arm, just above your elbow, cutting through both your new ninja gi and your skin. Alongside the cut, your skin felt like it was burning. Kai's sword only touched you for a moment, but you worried that, should it have been in contact with your arm for any longer, you could've developed a second-degree burn, or even worse.

Had that been why Kai lost his focus? He saw the blood on his blade and panicked?

"Oops," You mentioned.

"'Oops?!' That's all you have to say?!" Jay hysterically asked. "Kai hurt you!"

"Hey, it's fine," You defensively held up your hands and offered a soft smile. "It's nothing bad!"

"That doesn't change the fact that I got carried away!" Kai stepped up to you with a sorrowful expression. "I didn't mean to hurt you, (Y/n)!"

You sighed before you approached Kai. You knelt down and offered the red ninja a comforting hug. "It's okay," You stressed. "This isn't bad to me, okay?" You pulled back for a moment to hold the red ninja at arms' length. "It's like when you got knocked off of the training course, or if you got hit training with the others. You can get back up and keep going. You didn't hurt me all that much, Kai! It's okay."

"Still," Kai sighed. "I got carried away and hurt you."

You quietly sighed. "You're coming with me."

"What—?"

You held Kai close to your body before you stood up, red ninja in your arms. You then headed into the Bounty as Kai began to stumble over his words. You headed right to the Bounty's medical room, where supplies for both you and your Ninjagoan friends were stored. You set Kai on the nearby small bed before you began rummaging through the nearby shelves. You picked out a small towel and a small roll of bandages.

"Look," You went to the room's main sink and set your small towel aside. You pulled up your ninja gi's sleeve up to your injury. Once your sleeve was mostly out of the way, you grabbed your towel, watered part of it, and wiped off what blood you could. With the towel's dry side, you dried off your skin to the best of your ability. Your injury still bled, and you grabbed the small roll of white bandages and began gently wrapping your small injury. Only a couple of wraps later, and you bit off the rest before tying it off.