Chapter Forty Four

"What are you going to do again?"

Rose kept asking me what I was planning on doing as far as going to Waylen's house to get the rest of Adeline's clothes and everything else she needed.

She didn't trust me to go there while he was there, but I told her that Waylen was working during the week so I could get in and out without dealing with him.

"How are you planning on getting inside?"

I showed her the key and I saw her stare at it for a moment before asking if Adeline gave that to me or if I stole it.

That made me laugh as I explained to her that Adeline gave it to me. I told her that I would figure out a time to go there while Waylen was at work and she was ok with that.

Adeline told me where her stuff was and what she wanted the most right now. I knew I couldn't get everything that was hers but I was going to try to get as much as I could.

Rose didn't like me going to that house alone but I told her I was fine.

When lunch came around, I told Rose I would be back before it ended. I saw her shake her head, watching me leave the parking lot as I was smiling at her.

The ride there was short, but I made sure I didn't see his car when I pulled up into the driveway. I shut the car off then I got out and locked it before walking to the front door and unlocking it with the key before walking inside.

It felt weird being in here by myself and it was a little creepy with nobody inside, but I didn't let anything try to get to my head as I was on a mission to grab her stuff and leave.

The whole place smelt like Waylen and it was disgusting. I couldn't even hardly think cause it was so bad that I had to cover my face.

It smelt like Waylen and alcohol.

But I went upstairs to the room that was Adeline's and grabbed a bag before taking everything she told me to grab.

I made sure to get stuff out of her drawers, which included her underwear and bra.

Which I stood there staring at them for a good few minutes before placing them in the bag and grabbing more stuff.

As I was in the closet, tossing her clothes into the bag, I heard a door shut and I froze. I stood there and was quiet as I was listening to whoever was downstairs, which I'm sure was Waylen.

"Why is he home?" I whispered to myself before walking slowly to the door. I peeked my head out before looking out and not seeing him upstairs but knew he was downstairs.

He must be here for lunch or something which was my luck.

As I went back to packing of the clothes, I heard footsteps coming upstairs and when I turned to look at the door, I saw him walking in before stopping.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?"

"I came to get the rest of Adeline's clothes. I'm almost done."

He stood there and stared at me before walking a little further and stopping. "Get the fuck out of my house, right now."

"Dude, I'm almost done. Chill."

"I'll call the cops for you breaking in."

I gave him a look before taking Adeline's key out of my pocket. "They can't do shit if I have her key."

"Get out!"

I continued to pack up her stuff before tossing the bag over my shoulder and grabbing the other one. I didn't have everything but I wasn't sitting here with him while he yells at me.