Chapter Twenty Four

When Saturday morning came, I was out of bed around eleven cause my body didn't want to move and I slept a little later than I usually do.

I had to force myself out of bed cause I had to pee really bad.

But after I was done using the bathroom, I called Miss Dawson and was nervous the whole time until she picked up.

"Hey.. you want me to come over now?"

"That's fine. I'll get ready and you can just knock on the door."

After we hung up, I took a shower then looked through my closet for something to wear. I decided on some cut-off shorts and an oversized shirt cause I wasn't trying to impress her or myself.

I applied some make up, sprayed myself down with perfume and put on my bracelet that I wore everyday. I looked down at it as it was a gold bracelet with the letter k hanging from it.

Smiling, I went to brush my teeth before sliding my shoes on and double checking to make sure I had everything. I look around my room before nodding and grabbing my phone before heading out the door.

Once I was in the garage, I got into my car and started it before letting the garage door open. I waited until it was time to back out then backed down the driveway before glancing over at Paisley's house.

I smiled as I knew she was with her mom today and that made me feel better about her situation.

As I drove through town, I turned down her street and pulled into her driveway. I sat there for a moment, trying to calm my nerves then reminded myself that it was fine.

I made sure to lock my door as I walk towards the front door and stopped in front of it before knocking, waiting for her to answer the door.

Looking down at my shoes, I heard the door open and looked up to see Miss Dawson smiling at me. I smiled back before she allowed me to walk inside and I waited until she shut the door behind me.

I followed her to the kitchen where I could smell coffee. I saw her walk to the counter and pour her a cup before offering me some but I shook my head as I was looking around.

"I don't want things awkward." She smiles at me. "We're just hanging out. I thought about it all night," She sighs as she crosses her arms and leans on the counter. "and thought it was a little weird."

"I don't think it's weird." I said. "I was just caught off guard I guess."

She nods as she smiles. "You want to watch some tv? Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

After she gave me a water, she grabs some snacks as we both walk out of the kitchen to the living room and I had to look around cause it was my first instinct.

It was like when I was adopted, I would always look around the house as I was given a tour. I didn't know why I would always do that but ever since my first home, I would look around.

It was something I always did.

Even when I first walked into my house before I bought it, which made sense cause I was buying the house, but it was something about admiring the home.

Miss Dawson's house was nice, even though it's not hers, but it was still nice.

The location of the home wasn't bad and it was pretty much right in the middle of the town with a few more houses that looked the same down this street.

As we sat on the couch, I watch her turn on Netflix and I grab the bag of chips she handed me. I saw her smile at me then move closer to me before asking if that was ok.