Chapter Six

Monday morning came a little too soon and I was struggling to get out of bed. I wanted to sleep in and was thinking about calling in sick to school but I couldn't, so I got up and did my morning routine.

After my shower, I blow-dryed my hair then did my make up and got dressed. I had to double look in the mirror cause my outfit was on point today and I was smiling at myself.

Black jeans, high sneakers with an over-sized t-shirt that went pretty well with everything. I also had on some jewelry around my neck and wrist, making everything come together.

My breakfast was already done and I finished it before grabbing my backpack and heading out the door.

The air was a little chilly this morning when I opened the garage door. I started my car and let her idle for a moment before backing out and closing the garage door after.

Looking over, I saw Paisley waving at me before rushing to me and getting in the passeneger seat. I smile at her after I moved my backpack to the floor and backed out of the driveway.

"How was your weekend?" She asks.

"I spent it with Rose. We went shopping." I smile at her. "How was yours?"

She nods as she messes with her seat belt. "It was great, actually. I spent it with my mom."

Looking over at her, I saw her looking down at her feet before I look back at the road. "Your grandmother told me. How was it?"

"It was good. She took me out shopping then we ate. It was nice." I saw her smile and that made me smile.

Paisley's mood definitely shifted upward and that made me happy.

I was glad that her mom was back in her life, showing her the meaning of love and what a mother should be.

I don't know the feeling but I'm glad Paisley is experiencing that.

"Pick me up after school?" She asks after I dropped her off.

I nod before smiling. "Sure thing."

After I left, I headed towards the high school and parked in my spot. I grabbed my backpack, locked my door and walked to the front doors where Rose was waiting for me.

We walked to my locker, talked about a few things then went our separate ways when the bell rung.

The first three classes were ok. I was listening to Rose gossip about something about the school in Physics, but I was also trying to listen to the teacher at the same time.

Lunch wasn't anything special.

We both went out, grabbed some burgers then headed back to the school and chilled in the car. She continued to talk about the gossip, which was about a boy and girl but I ignored the rest.

"Have fun with Miss Dawson." She smiles at me once the bell rings, which I roll my eyes in return.

Miss Dawson was standing at her door, greeting students and I decided to speak to her first before she could.

"Buenos dias, senorita Dawson. Como estas hoy?"

She looks at me and raises an eyebrow before smiling. I saw her face turn a light shade of pink but it quickly vanished once she spoke.

"Estoy bien, Kai. Gracias por preguntar."

That made me smile before I entered the classroom, making my way to the back of the class. I saw a few students talking with each other as I leaned back and stretched.

Once Miss Dawson came in, everyone was sitting in their seats. I heard the bell ring and Miss Dawson smiles at everyone before going over the lecture for today.