Chapter Thirty Six

Where It Ends by Bailey Zimmerman^

*This is not the last chapter*

It was Thursday.

Paisley's Birthday was today and I woke up with my nerves completely shot.

The whole morning I was in zombie mode cause I made a promise to her about meeting her mom, but wasn't sure when that would be.

Before school?

After?

My emotions were all over the place this morning.

I sent her a text, telling her Happy Birthday and she responded quickly. I also asked when I would meet her mom cause if I didn't know then I would be on overdrive all day.

"After school. My grandmother is making a cake and we're having a small party"

That made it a little better.

I just couldn't stop thinking about how this would even go when this woman was in front of me. I had mixed emotions about this whole situation cause some days her mom is perfect and other days she's a bitch.

So, I wasn't sure what would happen.

But lately, she's been treating Paisley really good. She bought her a puppy and was taking her places, hanging out with her and spending time with her after school.

Paisley was definitely happy.

After my morning routine, I sprayed myself all over and smiled at myself in the mirror. I made sure I was dressed really cute before grabbing my phone and sliding on my shoes.

My favorite bracelet was dangling from my wrist and I smiled as I looked down at it before walking into the kitchen.

I wanted to make some breakfast and coffee, but not sure what I wanted. I could make eggs but I also wanted pancakes.

Then I remembered I had waffles in the freezer and quickly grabbed them out before tossing them into the toaster. I smiled as I waited and made some coffee, waiting around for it as I looked at my phone.

Yesterday, I took Adeline home and we sat in the car for a few minutes to talk. We also made out but nothing too crazy happened since that day when we had sex.

I was just glad to spend a little time with her.

She hasn't asked me to be her girlfriend yet, but I'm fearing the day she does. I knew my mind wanted it but did my heart want that?

I wasn't sure.

I liked her a lot.

It came with so much responsibilities that I wasn't prepared for but maybe I was overthinking all of it cause a part of me wanted to be hers.

But when the time comes, I knew what my answer would be.

After the coffee was done, I poured me a cup before taking my waffles out of the toaster and placing them on a plate with syrup and butter on top.

I sat down and ate, enjoying the silence that was surrounding me before finishing my breakfast and placing the dishes in the sink.

When everything was cleaned, I grabbed my keys and backpack before heading out the door. I opened the garage door and sat in my car for a moment as I let it idle for a while.

I looked over in the rear view and saw Paisley walking towards the car before opening the door and sliding into the passenger seat.

As I was staring at her, I couldn't help but smile. I saw her look at me and I pulled her towards me and hugged her. "Happy Birthday, Pais."