Chapter Forty One

It was Saturday and I was up early, making coffee and breakfast as Adeline was sleeping.

It was weird waking up with her in my bed but at the same time, it was a familiar feeling that I had.

I stared at her for a while as I was laying there but soon got up to use the bathroom and make breakfast and coffee.

The lawn mower was going outside and I smiled as I knew it was Adeline's father mowing the yard.

Every Saturday.

After breakfast was made, I covered it up before grabbing my cup of coffee and walking out of the kitchen.

I walked to the front door and outside as the sun was shining down bright and I had to cover my eyes.

Looking around, I saw dust from the yard next door but didn't see the lawn mower. I took a sip of my coffee before walking over and standing near the fence.

When I saw the lawn mower come back around, I smiled as I waved him over. I saw him come over and I took another sip before leaning on the fence and waited until he was near.

The lawn mower stopped, there was dust flying everywhere and I swatted it away before seeing him get off the mower for the first time.

"Good morning." I smiled as he walked towards me and took off his hat.

But it wasn't who I thought it was when the dust finally cleared and they were now standing a few feet away from me.

"Paisley?"

She wipes her face and looks at me for a moment. "Hi. I'm doing the lawn work this morning."

I stared at her for a moment before slowly nodding, not knowing what to say. I haven't seen her in over two weeks and I was a little frozen with her standing here.

"How are you?" She asks.

"I'm fine. How are you?"

She nodded before dusted her pants off. "I'm ok." I saw her look back at me.

We stood there in silence for a while before I sighed. "Paisley I'm sorry about that night." I saw her stare at me, not saying anything and it made my heart beat faster in my chest.

She looks down at the hat she was holding. "I'm sorry too." I saw her look up at meet my eyes. "I had time to think and.. my mom has been calling me everyday and messaging me.." She looks away for a moment. "I'm still trying to figure out if I forgive her or not."

"You need to, Paisley." I saw her look at me. "She really is trying and she feels bad about how she's not been paying attention to you."

"She told you that?"

I nod. "Yes. She cried saying she was the worst mom ever cause of how she's been treating you. She feels bad and she wants you to know that she's sorry and she's trying."

She looks away before wiping her eyes. "I kind of do forgive her but I don't know. I thought it was Waylen the whole time that she was acting weird.."

"It was."

She looks at me. "What do you mean?"

"Waylen was the reason that she started drinking again. That's one thing.. as for the other.. it was my fault."

"So you were seeing each other?"

I nodded as I looked at her. "Yeah."

"For how long?"

Shrugging, I wasn't sure how long we were seeing each other for. "Maybe a month.. or a month and a half." I saw her nod before looking down at the hat. "She's sorry about everything, Paisley.. and I am too."