Chapter Thirteen

When Sunday morning came, I was up pretty early and decided to make breakfast. I wasn't sure what I wanted to make as I was standing in my kitchen, looking around at everything.

As I was standing there, I heard my doorbell then furrowed my eyebrows before walking to the front door. I walked through the small hall then coming to the front door and stopping, peaking through the peep hole and seeing Paisley standing there.

Smiling, I unlocked my door and opened it as she was standing there. She smiles before rushing to me and hugging me as I did the same, stumbling back a little.

"How are you?" I ask as she steps inside and I shut the door before locking it.

"I'm great." She says as we walk into the kitchen.

Looking at her, I could tell she was happy. I liked seeing her happy and it made me smile.

"How's your mom?"

"She's good. I've been staying with her a lot."

"I know." I smile as she did the same thing. "Tell about it. How was it?"

She sat down at the table as I was roaming the kitchen, trying to find something to cook. I ask if she wanted anything but she said she ate breakfast before coming over here.

"I love it. I've been staying with her and her friend."

"Is it nice? Being with your mom after all these years?"

She nods. "It is but.." I look over at her as she was looking down at the floor.

"But what?"

"I think she's seeing someone."

"What do you mean?"

"I think she's dating her friend.. that she's staying with."

I look at her before turning around and leaning on the counter. "Why do you think that?" I ask before placing my hands on the counter.

"They're super flirty with each other and the way they act together."

"Dude or chick?" I ask.

"Dude." She said.

I slowly nod as she was looking somewhere. "You don't want your mom to date?"

She looks at me before shaking her head. "No."

"Why not?"

"Cause that'll take her attention away from me.. and I don't want that."

I heard the sadness in her voice and it broke my heart.

I knew where she was coming from though.

She just got her mom back into her life but if her mom really has changed then she'll make time for her even if she's dating someone.

"I believe your mom will never lose focus on you, Paisley."

"What if she choose this guy over me?" She asks. "Like how she chose drinking over me?" Her voice was small and it was on the verge of breaking.

I walk towards her and crouch in front of her before lifting her chin, making her look at me. I saw tears form in her eyes and I wipe them away before slightly smiling at her.

"Talk to her, Pais.. let her know your feelings and work around it."

She nods before sighing and wiping her eyes. I hate seeing her like this cause it was definitely heart broken.

I knew the pain of abandonment and it wasn't easy to deal with.

If her mom ever did the same shit like before then I will find that woman my damn self.

After a while, I started making breakfast as Paisley was standing next to me. She helped me cook and we were laughing about things cause we were making a mess.

She told me she wanted to come over and see me, which made me smile. I knew she also wanted to come talk to me about her mom, which I didn't mind at all.

Paisley kept me company until her phone started ringing.

I was finishing up breakfast and setting up everything after she finally said she wanted something to eat. I gladly made her a plate and we sat at the table as everything was set.

"I'm over here at Kai's." She spoke on the phone. "If mom gets there before I get done then tell her I'll be there soon."

After she hung up, she started eating and I kept looking over at her. "Your mom coming to get you?" I saw her nod before wiping her mouth.

"You want to go meet her?"

I chuckle before shaking my head. "I will another time. I have a lot of cleaning to do right now."

After we ate, I hugged Paisley goodbye as I walked her to the door. I sighed after she left cause now I had all this cleaning to do and all I wanted to do was be lazy this Sunday.

The cleaning was that bad and I had music blasting throughout the whole house. It made me get motivated and I was singing at the top of my lungs as I was cleaning the whole house.

Dishes were done.

Laundry was all washed and put away.

The rooms were cleaned, even though this is a two bedroom house and I never go into the other room. It's mostly for storage and I keep it clean but never really go in there.

The living room and kitchen was clean.

Bathroom was cleaned.

I even went into the garage and moved my car out to sweep the concrete floor. I made sure everything was organized and cleaned before parking my car back into the garage.

After everything was done, I was sitting on my bed as Netflix was on the tv. I was scrolling through, trying to find something and knew that I was about to lay in this bed for the remainder of the day.

It was currently two in the afternoon after I got everything cleaned.

This house was pretty big and when I clean the whole house, it takes me a few hours.

I was exhausted by the time I was done, so I turned on Netflix and had some snacks in my bed.

I was at my happy place.

This weekend wasn't that bad and now that I think about it, Miss Dawson never did cross my mind.

Until now.

Right after I remembered she hasn't crossed my mind, she crosses it and I roll my eyes before focusing on the movie and eating my junk food.

My mind wandered to Miss Dawson and I smiled, knowing that I was going to see her tomorrow. I really wish this crush thing would go away cause it was driving me crazy.

This is why I don't do crushes.

It messes with my head and as independent as I am, I really don't need to be crushing on someone. I love my alone time and space, not letting anyone else get in the way of that.

It was my piece of mind.

Miss Dawson was my teacher and just someone that didn't really look at me the same way I'm looking at her.

And I was ok with that.

It was just going to blow over soon and I was going to keep living my life without a care in the world about anyone else but my self.

Cause at the end of the day, you only have yourself.