Chapter Thirty Nine

"Has Paisley came around yet?"

I shook my head as we were sitting in Physics class. It's been a few days now and I still haven't talked to Adeline about anything cause part of me didn't want to.

I also haven't opened any of the messages that were still in my phone.

Adeline did send me more last night but I ignored them.

But none from Paisley.

Paisley still hasn't shown up outside and I haven't seen her since that night.

But I've noticed how Waylen hasn't been showing up at my house, which I'm glad. I knew he was scared of me and it needs to stay that way.

I remember walking outside once to check the mail and her grandmother was outside. I went over to talk to her and she told me everything that happened that night when I left.

She said Paisley was in shock and started yelling at her mom then she walked out of the house, probably to come over to mine that night when she screamed at me as well.

Her grandmother was in disbelief but never looked at me in any other way. She said Paisley would come around and asked me about Adeline as far as if I talked to her at all.

When I told her I haven't spoke to her since that night, she said I needed to talk to her about it. She told me how it would help in this situation and I wasn't sure if I believed her or not.

"It's ok, Kai. Adeline isn't a perfect mom and that's coming from her mother. I know she's had some bad parts in her life but she's trying to better herself everyday."

When she told me that, I still wasn't sure about talking to her. I knew that it wouldn't change the way Paisley felt about me or us, so I was stuck in the middle trying to figure this all out.

Adeline has tried talking to me the last few days, but I didn't want to talk to her. I keep walking out of her room with her begging me to stay but I couldn't.

All of this was a lot to handle.

But Rose keeps picking at me to talk to her and it was getting to the point where I was about to make a decision that could either go good or bad.

After lunch, Rose told me to talk to her. I nodded, knowing that it was time to face all of this and talk to her. I wasn't sure what to expect but I wasn't expecting much.

My heart was still pretty much in two places, between hating Adeline and hating myself. I wasn't sure what was about to happen when I decide to talk to her.

I walked around that corner and didn't see her standing at her door. I walked inside and saw her sitting on her desk, looking around at everyone as I took my seat in the front.

My eyes met her and she was staring back at me. I looked down at my desk and breathed out, knowing this was the time that I feared the most for the last week.

Class went on and we didn't do much but a lecture, which I was somewhat paying attention but it was hard to do that when I kept thinking about what was coming.

Once the bell rung, I stayed back and watched everyone else leave the room. I glanced over at Adeline as she was sitting on her desk, making eye contact with me.

When the last student left, it was only us and my heart was surely pounding in my chest. I took a breath before leaning up a little and folding my arms on my desk before looking at her.

"We can talk." I said.

She kept looking at me before slowly nodding. I saw her cross her arms and sighing, letting her eyes stay on me the whole time.