Chapter Eleven

"I know I already asked this morning but are you alright?"

I look at Rose as she was turned around in her seat that was in front of me. I sigh before looking around as we were sitting in Physics and I felt physically exhausted that I wanted to sleep in every class.

"I'm fine."

She gives me a look before folding her arms on the back of her chair. "Yeah, alright. Your face looks exhausted and that bruise looks terrible."

When Rose saw me this morning, she asked about the bruise and I said I hit the door yesterday after school. I left out the part about walking out with Miss Dawson, so I told her that I wasn't paying attention and hit the door.

She laughed about it for ten minutes then looked me over with concern before laughing again.

The pain was still there but I was getting used to it by now.

It was definitely a bruise by this morning and I stared at it for a good five minutes this morning. I was frustrated with myself cause of what I did yesterday and because of the fact that I woke up with Miss Dawson on my mind.

I almost had a breakdown this morning.

Rose caught onto my mood this morning but I shrugged it off.

I told her that I didn't feel good cause I didn't get much sleep from this bruise and the pain, which wasn't a total lie cause I remember waking up once last night from it.

"Why aren't you sleeping good?" She asks as we were walking to the cafeteria for lunch.

We stood in line and I look over at her. "I've been sleeping fine, just not last night. This bruise was bothering me."

"Are you putting something on it?"

"Like what?" I ask as we moved up in line.

She shrugs. "Bruise.. ointment."

I gave her a confused look as we moved up more before I shook my head and looked away. "I don't think they have that anywhere."

She kept telling me about keeping something on it and making sure it doesn't turn into a bump. I told her it was fine and I doubt it would become a bump.

"I don't know what I want." Rose said as we were in front of the salads and wraps they had displayed.

"I want a wrap."

"Chicken?" She asks as she grabs one as well.

Nodding, we walked in line and grabbed a drink from the small fridge then paid. I look around but didn't see any place to sit, not really wanting to sit inside but Rose nods towards an empty table.

After we sat down, I opened my drink and took a sip as Rose opened her wrap and took a bite. I watch as she had some ranch packets and started pouring them over her wrap.

She took another bite and I look away before shaking my head. I opened my wrap and took a bite before wiping my mouth and looking around the cafeteria.

I never did like sitting in here but Rose wanted to so I decided to follow her. I didn't like how it smelled or the fact that it was really crowded and noisy, but I drowned out the noises and ate.

Rose started talking to me about the guy she likes and wants to ask him out. I told her to do that but she said she was scared that he didn't like her back.

"But he flirts with you?'

"Yeah."

"How does he flirt?"

She shrugs. "He sits with me when we partner together. Talks to me in a flirty manner and sits really close to me."

"So he doesn't punch your arm?"