Chapter Twelve

The week went by pretty fast and it was now Friday.

I've been staying in Miss Dawson's class during gym, besides that one time. I was enjoying spending time with her and enjoyed my company as well.

I was learning more about her as the days went on, which made me feel closer to her and made me admire her even more.

As the days went on, I came to the realization that I was starting to have a crush on Miss Dawson. I had stared at my ceiling one night and mentally punched myself in the face.

Great.

I didn't realize it until I was constantly thinking about her wanting to actually be around her more. I wanted to stay after class and miss gym just to stay with her.

I liked talking to her and learning more about her.

It's weird to me to even think about it and I had to keep my mind off of her but it was hard to do when she was invading my thoughts so much throughout the day.

Rose kept asking about my mood lately and I told her the truth.

She laughed for several minutes, telling me she knew it all along.

"How can you not crush on that woman?"

That made me roll my eyes and ignore her the rest of the day.

I didn't want to crush on her.

But it was too late.

"Estoy orgulloso de todos. Lo estas haciendo increible y aprendiendo muy rapido."

Miss Dawson told the class how amazing we all were doing and she was proud of us.

Her smile was radiating through the room and it made me sigh as I look down at my desk. I was tapping my pencil on the wooden desk, trying to focus on anything but the woman in front of me.

She was leaning on her desk and of course I had to check her outfit out today. I couldn't look away cause she was directly in front of me and my eyes were practically glued to her.

Her high heels complimented her shorts that stopped just above her knees and they were black, button up high waist shorts with a dark red blouse that came together perfectly.

I was practically drooling then kicked myself under my desk.

This was torture.

Why did I have to crush on my teacher?

Let alone, anyone?

It's fucking my head up.

When class ended, everyone started leaving and I was slow to grab everything. I didn't know if I wanted to stay in here or go to gym.

"Kai?" I look over and saw Miss Dawson standing at her desk, watching me. "Everything ok?"

I nod as I grab my textbook before pulling my backpack further up on my shoulder to stop it from slipping.

"I'm fine."

She nods as she looks at me. "I'm just asking cause you haven't been acting like yourself for a few days and you didn't participate at all today."

"Just tired."

"You're not working too hard, are you?"

I sigh. "No."

"Good." She slightly smiles. "Do you want to stay in here? I hate for you to go to gym as tired as you are."

Nodding, I watch as she makes that phone call to Mr. Greg and I placed everything back down before sitting at my desk.