Chapter Thirty One

The next few days weren't anything special and I stopped taking Adeline home cause Waylen was picking her up almost every afternoon.

It made me a little mad but I didn't let it show.

I also stopped hanging around in her class afterwards cause I needed to focus on gym. I hate that I had to get my credits up but I needed to be able to graduate.

I'm not letting a woman take that away from me.

No matter how much I like her.

My grades comes first before anything. I put everything I need in life ahead of everything else before settling back and enjoying things.

It's always been who I am.

I won't change for nobody.

She's been seeing a difference in me for the past week and things between us has been going south for some reason.

I try making time for her but she keeps saying she's busy and has to pick up her daughter, spend time with her, which I'm not against at all and I know that comes first.

It makes me think of Paisley and I knew that Adeline was doing better than most moms out there.

But I hated the fact that we weren't spending time together anymore but I tried not letting it bother me,

Until one day I decided to stop by her house, after I asked of course, to see her after school once. She said she was gone to pick up her daughter and would be back soon.

She said Waylen was there and that I could walk inside and make myself comfortable until she got here.

When I knocked on the door, I waited until Waylen answered. I stood there and stared at him as he had a stupid smile on his face and saw his eyes checking me out.

"Come in."

I stared at him as I made my way inside before walking to the living room before Waylen stops me and tells me to come into the kitchen.

Once I did, I stood there and saw him look in the fridge before offering me something to drink. I thought he was pulling out water until he pulls out a bottle of pure vodka.

He smiles at me before offering me some but I refused.

Looking around, he poured him a glass of vodka before leaning on the counter. I watch as he was taking long, slow chugs of it and I look away in digust.

"What brings you here, Kai?"

"Adeline said for me to come over."

He nods as his eyes were not where they should be and I crossed my arms. I saw him meet my eyes and smirked, which made anyone want to punch it right off his face.

"How you been, Kai? You look.. more mature."

"Well no shit." I said. "I was eight the last time you saw me."

He smiles. "Yeah.. but now you're a grown woman. You still in high school?" I nod. "Senior?" Again, I nod. "How old are you? Eighteen?"

"Does it matter?" I ask.

"I just figured it did since you're dating your teacher. Who's a lot older than you."

Looking at him, he smirked before chugging the rest of the vodka down and slamming the glass on the counter. I took this time to look around and avoid eye contact as I was ready to leave and not wait around for her.

As he was pouring another glass of vodka, I was thinking about walking away but he stops me. I saw him chug down the glass before making a face and smiling at me.