Chapter 26

Looking at the list of student council officers, Yoongi sigh in exhaustion; it has come to his attention that a few of them have neglected their duties. Being the responsible student council President, he went for the afternoon break patrol with Sowon.

"I can handle the patrol for the afternoon time alone, President Min." Sowon forcibly smile at Yoongi's glare.

"Just because I chose to do it with you, doesn't mean I want to. You go for the east building, I'll handle the west."

"But I have always patrolled at the west."

Sowon was left flustered when Yoongi stared at her menacingly. Though it is an open book that the guy despises her, she was clueless about the reason other than the fact that he started treating her coldly after she asked him to help with getting close to Seokjin back in middle school. Well, she must have crossed the line when she offered him money to get her way, knowing full well that he is from an average-income household.

"I'll go check the middle school ground for the football and tennis practice later. That building is much convenient for me."

In defeat, Sowon walked out the door for her patrol duties as Yoongi ignored her plea.

.

.

.

"Why are you even here?"

Byulyi looked up as she heard Yoongi's voice. Then her eyes went back to the ball thrown by the goalkeeper. "It's the time of the month." she said while opening a pack of snack on her hand.

Yoongi sat beside her as he took the packet, ignoring the shock on her face. "I heard you are not allowed to eat junk."

"Seokjin gave that to me." with an annoyed expression she tried to pull the packet yet failed to take it back.

"Just because it is from someone you like, doesn't mean it's fine. He should have known better." as he took some and popped it in his mouth.

They stayed there seated, watching the practice game together, not saying a word, not because they are awkward but because they are cautious. At times, Yoongi would directly look at Byulyi thinking what secrets he needs to unfold. It bothered him how she acts normal in the middle of all these troubles she has. But is it really his duty to know her when he knew exactly his boundaries?

"Do you think I'm the problem?"

"You like Seokjin, you have a problem."

Byulyi almost broke in laughter as she smiles in disbelief. Well, Seokjin is not the problem, it's just he always creates problems with just being himself. He is fantasized as their school prince and is unnecessarily protected by his army of girls who think they knew better than his own judgement and standard.

"I know. But aren't we all wanted to protect the people close to us?"

"Sometimes, protecting suffocates them. Are you prepared for the consequences of tying the rope tightly on their necks?"

"That should not be the case. We hold the people that we like in our hearts, not on the neck. And we should not be trying them with a rope. That maybe you will not let go. But will you let that person go?"

"I guess, whatever body part it is, dismemberment will still hurt."

"Eh? Is that what we are talking about?"

Yoongi tried to suppress his laughter as she looked at Byulyi's face after his remark. He knew she was not pleased at the sudden change of topic just to get away from her logical point of view, yet she obviously let him slip by getting the subject out of seriousness.