Chapter 28

Running through the hallway, Byulyi did not expect to bump into one of the student council officers, who stopped her tracks asking for her name. Just like that, a violation slip is issued for running through the hallway.

"I am really sorry. But can you hand it to President Min? I'll just visit the Student Council Office later." she hurriedly said as she briskly walked to get her things out of the water.
.
.
.
As soon as she reached the fountain, Byulyi took off her shoes and socks before she tiptoed into the water. She pulled her bag and books out clicking her tongue in dismay when a group of girls mocked her sight trembling on the cold water.

"Why can't you just let your garbage float in the water?" one said as they all giggle.

"Well, she might be looking for the talisman or potion she used to seduce Seokjin." another girl added.

Byulyi continued to pick up her things, ignoring the insults they hurled about her.

"You came from the province, right? You must be with talent, like...witchcraft."

"Of course. It would be impossible for Seokjin to like her. She must have casted a spell to make him kiss her."

Byulyi suddenly stood up and looked at the direction of the girls who are enjoying the sight of her struggling in the water. She threw her stuff near them, one by one, splashing waters which made them gag as they fussily wipe off. It was just this morning when the things happened at the swimming class, and now, it has spread throughout the campus. There is nothing she could do but face the fact that what they are trying to hide are now slowly revealing.

"City girls are this stupid, huh?" she uttered in pure dismay with the hint of anger in her loud voice. "Haven't your parents told you to leave strangers alone?" And she chose to act creepy, scaring the girls as she threw stones she touched below the water. "I can also cast a spell to make you kiss the urinals." and a spine-chilling giggle came out of her mouth as she walked off the water fountain towards the girls. Before she could even walk out of the water, they all run away, scared for their lives.
.
.
.
"Whoever did this is pure evil." she murmured to herself before she looked up and noticed that someone was standing just a few feet away from her. "Yes?" she suddenly asked.

"You forgot your ID."

Byulyi took her identification card and looked back. "I'm supposed to get a violation note, right?"

"And you are supposed to be resting now. I heard about the incident, so I'll give you a pass."

Shocked, she cheerfully bows her head.

"By the way, I'm Kim Sowon."

"Sowon?" Byulyi asked as she stared at the girl in front of her. Her mind traveled to the moment she heard her name. It has been known that Seokjin and Sowon were not on speaking terms, yet here she is, facing the girl that she would see Seokjin walking with towards the tennis court.
.
.
.
Sowon looked over the wet things on the ground. Her brows furrowed and offered to help with drying her bag.

Looking at her innocent face, Byulyi somehow felt a tinge of insecurity inside her. The Sowon she expected was nowhere near the description Hyuna has told her. She is no witch, and that she is a very beautiful girl.

"No, it's fine. I can handle that." as she sat on the nearby bench and started to dry her feet and put on her socks and shoes.

"I hope you do." she suddenly said with fear in her voice.

Byulyi noticed that Sowon was hinting something beyond the present incident. "What do you mean?"

"I don't want to sound blunt, but I heard about you and Kim Seokjin."

Byulyi was somehow, irritated at her words. Sowon being the girl who was being publicly associated with Seokjin and seeing the person that she is made her feel so much smaller than what she tries not to project.

"Well, those are just rumors." Byulyi awkwardly deny.

"You can be comfortable with me. I know that you know about me. It is impossible to be associated with Seokjin and not know me."

"I'm sorry for what you had to go through, but I don't want to talk about it." Byulyi brushed Sowon off, putting a stop to whatever idea the younger girl has on her head. She might be willing to share her experience, but she can't help feeling lacking in everything as the young girl's presence made her feel like she is a joke to Seokjin.

"I have nothing against Seokjin, I just want you to protect yourself. I was in your place before, I just don't want you to experience what I had to get through."

Byulyi smile as she understands Sowon's point but she is not to listen to anything as she cannot afford to overthink. "I'll be fine. Thank you, anyway."

When the black mailing incident happened, Byulyi was not convinced that the letter was for her, labeling her the fire exit bitch. But as time goes by, she has learned something about Seokjin and his toxic fan girls. You see, Seokjin is an attractive young man and everyone who likes him has built a cult-like, unspoken pact to not let him be with someone undeserving, and that they were only allowed to worship him from afar. Sowon is one to try to break that pact by constantly being around Seokjin. All, but Hyuna accepted her within the ideal girl standard.

"There's a big difference between what the fan girls' want and Seokjin's choice." a voice said barging into their conversation.

Hyuna came just right in time to take Byulyi's discomfort. Despite knowing that Sowon and Hyuna were not in good terms, Byulyi wants to draw the line and stay away from the young girl.

"Moon Byulyi!" as Hyuna forcefully took Byulyi's bag away from Sowon's hands.

"Yah! That's my bag." Byulyi shouted as she struggle with putting her shoes on, watching Hyuna stumping her bag deep on the trash bin with her feet.

"Let's buy you a new one then."

Sowon could only look at the closeness between Hyuna and Byulyi. She thought that maybe, Hyuna is using her to get close to Seokjin as the young man seemed to be fascinated by how different the transferee's life from theirs. But the video of Seokjin performing CPR broke her heart into unfixable pieces; he even pushed Heeyeon so it would be him who saves her.

There was nothing Sowon could do but stare at Hyuna lovingly dragging Byulyi away from her.
.
.
.
"I don't know what you're thinking but you should accept the fact that Seokjin has moved on now."

Sowon turns to see Namjoon standing behind her also looking at the two girls walking away.

"It was not you who caused trauma to Seokjin. It's just that he needs healing, and part of it is for you to stay away from him."

Just when the two girls disappeared in front of them, she faced Namjoon and suggested. "I can look after her too. After all, I knew all the things to do when it comes to avoiding trouble because of Seokjin."

"Your only problem is Hyuna. Everyone likes you for Seokjin."

"What do you mean?"

"I am their friend, and I was the Student Council President in middle school. I know what I am saying."

Sowon's throat went dry as Namjoon smiles beside her. She is weirded out at the rate of his tactfulness when he is not to talk that much with friends.

"What do you know about the middle school incident?"

"Why are you asking me? It was you who was hurt, and you are still hurting."

"Do you know anything?"

"Maybe not or maybe some."