Chapter 18

Seokjin sigh as he took the bottled water on the bench. He was not able to warm up before the practice match when two middle school girls approach just to pester about the female she went with inside the middle school campus.

Unlike the other girls, those two were just excited about him getting a girlfriend.

"So she is that girl? The girl you ripped the undergarment." Hyejin said.

"I like her, she's really cool. I'll watch her here during football practice for you if you are busy at the high school campus. I don't want a Sowon part two." Wheein declared.

"There is no part two. He doesn't like Sowon the way he likes this new girl." Hyejin clarified.

"What should we call her?"

"Star would easily be detected. Even satellite for her surname Moon is not fitted for a codename."

"They call each other flirt. So let's just do that too. Her name would be too obvious."

"Yeah. Flirt number one and flirt number two."

It was Jung Wheein and Ahn Hyejin whom he asked about the undergarment incident and how he could recompense the accidental offense with Byulyi. They were open minded enough to explain to him that things doesn't work the way he conceptualize shopping for a female.

'It's not as easy as picking out a shirt.'

...

Every after tennis practice, Seokjin visits the football field to watch her practice and wait for it to end.

"You need to go home first."

"I'll wait for you."

"Does it ever came to your mind that you are being obvious?"

During breaks, he would casually go up to their team and help with water, towel or anything he deemed useful for her, bearing the Student Council's name.

"Hey, flirt! Stop staring at me!" Byulyi would remind him openly.

"Wear longer shorts, you flirt! Your exposing your legs running on the field. I'll report you to student council."

"Yah! You have shorter shorts in tennis. Might as well wear skirt!"

"I have prettier legs than you! Are you suggesting I expose myself for your perversion?"

"Yah! That's too much. I told you I'm fine being a flirt not a pervert!"

And they would end-up be running around with Byulyi chasing after him for his careless mouth.

Some students find it funny that the two bicker with each other a lot. It must be odd when Seokjin would tease Byulyi on the field yet takes care of her once she retrieves at the bench.

Students clearly spot his fondness with the girl, but Namjoon, Hoseok or Heeyeon's presence would suggest that they were just supporting a friend, as the three would mimic his actions to prevent suspicions of the pair's confidential relationship. Heeyeon, who has become the scapegoat, the reason it has appeared to be all friendly and fun, accepted her fate and supported them like what a true friend should do.

'Flirt.' he softly chuckled. He shook his head thinking about that absurd idea as he gulps down the remaining water in his bottle.

"Thinking about something funny?"