Chapter 23

Kim Hyuna's POV

"Moon Byulyi!" I shouted as I walk towards the hall where Byulyi and I arranged to meet.

The students at the hall turn their heads as they hear my voice. Some started to whisper as I pull my necktie, waiting for Moon Byulyi to introduce herself.

"Why are you all turning your heads on me? I just need Moon Byulyi." I might have sounded pathetic for just blurting out names in the open but that is how I maintain my stupid, badass image at school.

Then a girl raised her hand. "I am Moon Byulyi." as her confused look darted on me. I tried to act cool and intimidating to scare her, yet she smirks and look at me straight in the eyes. "So, you are Kim Hyuna."

She immediately reaches for my hands, beaming a warm smile. My heart skipped a beat at her aura. She seems like a very close friend despite having not met her.

'How bold.' I slap her hand and smile at her arrogantly.

"Okay. If that's what you want, let's slap each other's hand every time we meet." she said doing the same thing I did.

I was baffled by her utter ignorance. Does she even know me to treat me casually like that? My father is one of the biggest shareholders of this school, yet she seemed like too complacent with treating me like we are on the same level.

I have heard of her from Hyojung. Moon Byulyi is the transfer student sponsored by the government through the athletics scholarship.

She is really amazing on the field. She is a steal. It was a good decision to accept her here." those were Hyojung's words.

I was a little jealous at first since Hyojung has never mentioned any girl to me before. Not until I saw Hyojung at the parking lot, bowing his head in front of Seokjin and a girl wearing the football uniform with the Moon surname.

"I'm really sorry. I will do whatever punishment the student council gives but please don't let me lose this opportunity to play with the football team." Hyojung begged.

"Did you intend to hurt her?" Seokjin said arrogantly.

She softly punched Seokjin by the arm, with her head slightly shaking. When her gaze landed at Hyojung, who bows his head to her, she smiles warmly and taps his arm.

"It's okay. It was just a game. I had worst. A kick in the shin will not kill me."

"But your shin guard broke." Seokjin complained.

"I just fell on the ground, Kim Seokjin. I did not die."

"Still, he needs to be punished."

"What? Are we a bunch of crybabies? If you fall, get up. If you're hurt, feel the pain. Let him off. It is called an accident for a reason."

It was then that I found out about the incident. During the football try outs for the starters, Hyojung accidentally kicked her shin after her impressive football play brought his competitive side. Basically, he was offended by the skillful handles she displayed in his guard.
.
.
.
Ever since that day, I can't help but observe everything around her for the wrong reason. I don't trust any girl who surrounds Seokjin. She is pretty, and really cool, and quite controversial for a newbie at school. Then I realized her closeness with my former friends.

Hoseok likes her a lot because of the help he got for the dance audition. He was the one who told me that it was not because of Seokjin that she became part of the group, but Namjoon.