Chapter 15

Byulyi was too exhausted that day.

Before she left for the library routine, her mother made a call to ask for the land title, intending to take the inheritance by force.

Grandma Kang, who is grandpa's sister, was smart enough to ask her daughter to be Byulyi's legal guardian before the last will were finalized. They knew Byulyi's mother will go after these properties at the right time.

Junhui heard of it from Byulyi's cousins and insisted a meeting at the gate between the middle and high school campus which she declined as he sometimes acts on impulse.

What will they talk about?

Junhui will just blabber the awful behavior of the woman Byulyi gets to call mother. But she is more concerned about the fact that students might see them and get curious about their relationship and dig into their story.

Not to mention the trouble she had at the library when a group of girls kept on taking out books on the shelf, scattering it all over the library. Seems like Seokjin's efforts to distract his fan girls didn't work but at least, no black mail were sent after the first one.

And Seokjin. Why did this guy suddenly turned mute? Is it because of Junghoon?

'But, does he know? Does he knew why?'

She could only close her eyes and pray for it all to end.

'What a way to start the week.'
.
.
.
Namjoon, asked for her presence at the Science laboratory after the library duty.

Byulyi was confused when she saw Seokjin with him as she was not informed that the boy will be there to talk about the important project Namjoon asked for hep with. It may add a little to the stress she has but it's nice to know somebody trusts her without all the prejudice.

When Namjoon excused himself for the toilet, Byulyi tried to continue on writing idea for the Science Fair but Seokjin just can't keep his eyes off her, she started to feel stiff.

"Kim Seokjin, write something for the project. Don't just stare at me."

And instead of looking away, he carries on with his new found hobby everytime they are alone together...

Stare in silence.

Byulyi clicked her tongue to pull Seokjin to his senses which effectively did. She can't help but try to entrap him with words he might be interested to hear.

Like... 'Hey! I'm waiting for you to talk to me.' Or 'I don't like it when you sulk!' But she is not as creative as his fan girls trying to flutter him with words.

"Until when are you gonna endure this? I have so much to say but it seems like you are not interested." there, she said it. That's all she can think of.

No sweet-tasting, soluble carbohydrates added, just monosodium glutamate on it's pure form, tasteless.

Out of frustration, Byulyi stood up and went for the cabinet to distract herself from the thoughts of her mother, and to avoid overthinking Seokjin's behavior when he chose not to respond to her question.

Maybe, it's better to focus on the inanimate specimen inside the cabinet than talk to Seokjin.

Unfortunately, it seems like she always ends up with ridiculous choices when she came across the jar of a preserved fetus in the human body parts section of the laboratory cabinet.

Byulyi tried to hold back the tears in her eyes as she remember the words from her own mother.

"You should be thankful you get to live this life. I was about to get rid of you. Thank my father for paying the exact amount I'll be getting if I aborted and sold you to an underground laboratory. I should have done that. I might have the land title in my hands now."