Chapter 14

Walking to the science laboratory, Namjoon nudge Seokjin by the shoulder asking him to get faster. They have already planned the afternoon ahead to talk about  the science fair.

Fifteen minutes passed, and Seokjin felt irritated at the silence. It was supposed to be a meeting between him and some science club members yet they were left with reading materials.  "Why are you fidgeting on your phone? Can't we start now?"

"Let's wait a little more."

Then a knock followed. Namjoon excitedly ran towards the door and opened it revealing the smiling Byulyi unmindful of her own struggle as she hold on to some books. Though Seokjin was obviously avoiding Byulyi, there is no way he would let them carry all those books alone and helped them up.

"Why is he here?" Byulyi asked Namjoon.

Well, after the incident at the cafeteria with Junghoon, Seokjin audaciously acted childish and avoided Byulyi for one good reason.

He. Is. JEALOUS!!! SERIOUSLY JEALOUS. The type of irritation that he could send himself to the Disciplinary Office.

In his mind, Byulyi should have known that Seokjin doesn't like the guy. He knew they were a thing before this whole scholarship thing messed up their emotional attachment with each other. He imagined that if Junghoon stayed on that same place where they could meet regularly, they will eventually fall for each other harder than they ever did. And having that guy around made him nervous, specially when Byulyi seems to not mind his confession at all.

"Why don't you ask him the question?" Namjoon suggested.

Byulyi proceeds to close the door and sat on the chair across Seokjin as Namjoon stood in front.

"The Science Fair is coming up and I need your help. I am preparing for the science olympiad so it is hard for me to come up with idea about the Science Research Proposal Contest. And don't start with anything generic, I'm allergic to that since we are competing with other schools."

"Why don't you ask the Science Club or the Student Council. They might help you with it." Byulyi suggested.

"That's why Seokjin is here. He is from the Science Club under me and a Student Council Officer at the same time."

"Then why am I here?" she added.

"I heard you are a medical science geek, so there is no more than qualified to help me with it than you."

"Okay. So is there a theme or anything to help us?"

"Science and Technology as the Future of Health and Business Industry."

Her reaction says it was an uninspiring theme.

"So what have you come up?"

"Nothing."

"Wow. That's a great start." she smirked and lamely looked at Seokjin... for the first time.

Seokjin looked at her not minding Namjoon's presence, as the guy busily read some pages on the book she took from the library for him.

...

Focused on the task at hand, Byulyi was thinking of ways to help the science geeks by scrutinizing the criteria for the science fair, as Seokjin stared as she adorably locked her lips as she scribble on her paper.

"Kim Seokjin, write something for the contest. Don't just stare at me."

Namjoon suddenly had things to work with and asked to be excused briefly. It gave them the opportunity to talk yet they chose to stay silent.