Chapter 6

After the dance club audition performance, Byulyi gets to taste the tiny bit of popularity, again. After being recognized as the transfer student, they now notice her for something else. But it was not pleasant.

There are students who assume her sexuality labeling her as a lesbian because of the kind of charisma she exudes while some despises the fact that she danced with their sunshine boy, Hoseok.

Though she is not the typical girl, she doesn't see anything wrong with her at all. She is her own identity, maybe a tomboy. With her stiff, sharp moves and low-toned voice, coupled with the baggy, loose outfits, she also understands that some might mistake her for something else. But she can be feminine too...

Like wearing their school uniform?

But in her heart, her peculiar taste in fashion should not give people the right to define her.

"Heeyeon, have you ever mistaken me for something other than a girl?"

"You are still afraid of flying cockroaches, so, no!"

Yeah, can we accept that as a decent answer?

These past few days there were girls who actually showed interest in Byulyi. Friendship would be nice, but nothing should be more than that. She was unaware at the seriousness of the situation until she was called to visit the Disciplinary and Honor Committee Office.

"Miss Moon, I believe that..." Then the counsel proceeds to state the articles and sections from the student handbook about the relationship and intimacy rules inside the school premises. "That is a warning since you were seen kissing a female, senior student."

_____

"But it was an accident." Byulyi complained. "I did not kiss her."

"It was not an accident. The female student intended to kiss you." Seokjin explained as he handed a probiotic drink to Byulyi. "My treat."

Though still considered a lone wolf in the group, Byulyi has been dragged around by Heeyeon and Hoseok which led to the unavoidable interaction with Kim Seokjin. The duo didn't even ask Seokjin for permission about getting her with them which apparently resulted with Byulyi walking on eggshells when Seokjin is around.

It was only after the club recruitment week that Seokjin had the time to join his group and casually converse with Byulyi. But most of the time, he was mute, agreeing to everything they said by nodding and turning his head back to his books.

"Thank you." she casually took like it was a routine.

Seokjin sat on the empty chair across Byulyi and traded his tray with her packed lunch. Heeyeon's subtle smile at Seokjin's action made Byulyi hide her face as she felt the warmth climbing up her cheeks.

Though she wants to take her lunch box from him, it would be obviously awkward when he nonchalantly did it.

'I guess he is doing charity work with how I almost always have the same food on my lunch box. See Kim Seokjin is just fascinated by your social status, Moon Byulyi. POOR. No need to feel special.'

"Was it really on purpose?" Namjoon inquired about the kissing issue again.

"I saw the video and reviewed it a hundred times too. So, yes." as he started to dig into her food.

Byulyi stared at how he pinches the rice using his chopsticks and lift it to his mouth. She didn't expect her eyes to land on his lips as it moves, chewing some food, wondering how her lunch tastes like when his friends complained about it being bland.