Chapter 20

Byulyi bows down her head at the open window of the car.

"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow!" as she waves her hand goodbye and bow once again, this time, for the driver.

"Are you sure you don't want to invite me to dinner?"

"Go home and eat your dinner there."

"It's eight. I still have two hours to spend outside the house." he said with puppy eyes.

.

.

.

Byulyi took the fire exit stairs as it is the fastest way towards her space on the rooftop. It is a metal stairway on the outside of the building with no roof overhead. If it rains, she will end up soaked.

The cool wind blew which made her shiver as her every step turn slow and heavy. Five more flight and she'll reach the rooftop floor.

Instead of carrying on with her pace, she sat on the step and looked up to the sky, hissing in pain. "Aaahhh... These knees are starting to grow old early." as she punched both of it and realized it was her fault... joining the football team.

"Moon Byulyi!"

She turns her head at the familiar voice she heard. "Why are you here!?!?" she complained.

"I told you. We'll have dinner together. I've been waiting for you for ten minutes already. What took you so long?" he walked down the stairs and sat beside her.

"How did ---"

"I use my big brain and realized that it is easier to get up here using the elevator."

"How did you become this insistent? That's my question. And for the record, the elevator was under maintenance this morning." she rolls her eyes at him.

"Or you just like stairs after we kissed at the fire exit."

"We never kissed."

"I kissed you. But you didn't complain."

She never complained.

Why would she complain when that kiss weld together the iron pieces of the confusing affection she felt for Seokjin?

Smiling at the thought of the way he kissed her; she resigned her head on the metal baluster of the stair.

"Heeeey..." he annoyingly but softly utter as he reached for her head pressing it on his arm. "Much better, right?"

She looks up to him, feeeling the warmth she has always felt every time he shows her kindness, yet immediately leans back realizing the closeness of their faces. "Stop looking at me."

"And you can look at me? I have eyes too. You're being dumb... but it's cute." Seokjin said smiling.

"You'll be home late."

"Appa said it's fine since I am taking responsibility after the snapping incident happened."

"Appa? Did you just tell me that your father knew about the ---"

There was no way for Seokjin to hide anything from his father. Every time they gather, the old man would ask them about their school life and inquire about their relationships specially after the middle school incident. And so, he taught Seokjin about the Turkic handkerchief tradition, a subtle way to express his feelings.

"Yeah, he knows. It must have bothered him that I kept asking for handkerchiefs every time they went shopping and handed me a box of condoms instead."