Chapter 13

Looking pissed at the presence of the boy, Byulyi led Yoongi to the supposed stack of the books under investigation.

"That book is not from the school library. And the classification number is a complete copy from another book according to our system." Yoongi said as he stood, pointing at the numbers on the book elaborately arranged in the shelf. "Here it is." he took the book and said. "Do you want to start a scandal?"

"Me?" Byulyi said as she eye Yoongi.

"What I mean is the book! It's the title of the original book in the library the person took the classification number from." he then observe Byulyi as she start to nervously crack her knuckles. "Why are you flustered?" he observed.

"I have read that book. It's a story about two individuals caught doing something else and were forced to marry each other to keep their reputation." Seokjin said as he closed in. "Got nothing from the CCTV footage."

"This seems like a lovesick person. Are you, two, doing well?"

"Well---" Seokjin tried to talk but easily cut off.

"Why are you asking that?" Byulyi started to heat up, feeling embarrassed at Yoongi's question.

"This person seems to work like one of Seokjin's fan girls. If I am not mistaken, Sowon experienced it too back in middle school when Seokjin helped her walk to the parking lot because of her injured leg. She was labeled the 'parking lot bitch'." he tucked the book on his arm as he stare at the pair suspiciously. "So, what exactly happened at the fire exit?"

Byulyi rubs her temple trying to wash off the alarming thoughts in her head. Nobody should know about what happened in the fire exit, yet she just received an obvious threat from an anonymous person disclosing the location of where Seokjin kissed her, worst is, the person might be more than one.

And the fact that Yoongi easily picked up the clues left by this person meant he knew a thing or two about Seokjin's fan girl's movement and their seemingly awkward status.

'So Kim Seokjin also kissed someone at the parking lot, huh?' Byulyi thought.

"That's actually none of my business unless you did something... sexual... which is possible." Yoongi teased in his unbothered state.

Byulyi's jaw literally dropped with Yoongi's choices of words as Seokjin covertly took her wrist and pressed it, warning her to not curse out loud.

'Of course, I should know that. It's the Student Council President.' she reminded herself.

"Well, I'll look into this. See you around." as Yoongi left the two standing between the far end stack of the library.

She slammed the book in Seokjin's torso that made him curl up.

"Why did you tell Yoongi about it?"

"I didn't tell him anything about the fire exit. But I asked help about the bookmark. I can't access the CCTV footage without his permission. It's the only way I can protect you!"

"Protect me? Why? What happened to that Sowon?" Byulyi arrogantly asked. "Did you kiss her and made your fan girls mad?"

"No. I didn't. I was just being a gentleman."

"Gentleman? Is flirting being a gentleaman?"

"I never liked her the way I like you. I just helped her before and that's it."