Chapter 24

Jung Hoseok's POV

I did not expect for Hyuna to arrive in our class after our morning lectures. When she asked about my whereabouts, I was thinking about, us, practicing at the dance studio yet she barged into the room and clung to Byulyi like they were long time bestfriends.

I feel guilty as my friends' faces were all painted with annoyance the moment Hyuna came in. When she started the study sessions with her, there were several times Hyuna would walk out and ignore Byulyi. But things suddenly change...

"I know your secret." Hyuna said.

'Yeah, Byulyi has so many secrets, yet it turned to her favor. I guess, being the Moons biological child scared Hyuna.'

"Byul-ah! Why didn't you reply to my text messages? I am available this time, you should teach me the lessons I sent you." Hyuna said as she playfully sulk at Byulyi. Everyone inside the room were shocked at her warm greetings with Byulyi yet she would send everyone to hell with just one look.

I could see the apologetic expression Byulyi made towards Seokjin. They were suppose to spend time together at the library with Namjoon which is obviously a cover up for their dedicated time to flirt with each other, yet I unintentionally reveal to Hyuna that we have a vacant schedule. Of course, Byulyi is my classmate and friend, and most of the time, she is where I am supposed to be.

"Byul-ah!?" Heeyeon exclaimed. "Wow! Who are you to call her casually like that?" Heeyeon is clearly irritated at the way Hyuna acted. It looked like she could pull a brainbuster with how attached Hyuna has become to Byulyi in a short period of time. Luckily, Namjoon was there to stop her from using her wrestling moves.

"Byul is my peer teacher. It is natural for us to get closer than you."

Seokjin on the other hand helped Byulyi with fixing her books, he just looked like he is ready to bear whatever madness Hyuna is about to do.

She moves closer to Seokjin and whispers in his ear. "You coming with us again, lover boy?"

Of course, Seokjin blatantly told Hyuna about his relationship with Byulyi. Wait. Are they even official? I do get the need to hide the relationship to the public but if Hyuna is the suspect of the incident that happened in middle school, then what is the purpose of their "flirting" in secrecy?

Seokjin might not have said it but we knew he is also not sure of Hyuna's involvement.

"The library is for studying so, yes." Seokjin apathetically replied.

I remain silent on the side, intentionally overlooking Heeyeon's deadly glare at me.
.
.
.
We all gather on the long table at the library, eyeing Byulyi and Hyuna on the far end. While Seokjin and Namjoon went for the shelves to get books, Heeyeon sat beside me as we both observe the study buddies.

"I don't like what I am seeing."

"What do you mean?"

"Hyuna and Byulyi is getting close and closer by the day."

I can see how Heeyeon's brow soar higher than her hairline after Hyuna casually tuck Byulyi's hair while staring at her lovingly as she teaches her with whatever lesson they are discussing. Heeyeon continue on talking bullshits about Hyuna's attitude which I barely listen. Hyuna is still my friend, and I don't want to hear anything bad about her.

.
.
.
Seokjin asked me to eye Hyuna and Byulyi during their study sessions when he is not around. Fortunately, I am with the dance club with Hyuna and the rest of his minions. It turned to my favor as I don't have to make up stories to why I casually hangout with them. To my surprise, Seokjin has nothing to worry about anything. Hyuna listens to Byulyi and was improving her grades dramatically. It was a miracle, as some teachers would say, not only commending Hyuna but Byulyi's patience with the popular deviant student.

Moreso, that when the rumor spread about them being friends, Byulyi's issue regarding the blackmail incident suddenly vanished into thin air.

"I know you and Seokjin has something going on even before he threatened me about doing silly things with you." she smirk as she senses the sudden panic in Byulyi. "Do you still believe the rumors about me?"

"Honestly, I don't think I have heard of anything pleasant from anyone about you except Hoseok. I find you nice and that's enough for me to never think of what other people say. You may be nice to me and bad with them so it's not a good idea for me to say anything about you."

"You are slowly climbing up into the list of my favorite people."

I can't help but smile at their exchange. Though she drifted apart from the group, I have always been the one who runs after Hyuna every time I see her. I don't want to make her feel left out even with the clear gap Seokjin puts up between her and the group. Hyuna is still a friend to me. Nothing's change.

But it bothers me the way things unfold, a peculiar character keeps on stealing my attention, Min Yoongi. He is the student council president, a friend to Seokjin and Hyuna too, so what is this unsettling feeling every time I see him?

No. I think my brain is playing tricks on me.

It must be my playful skit of becoming a detective that ate my logic and made my reality suffer.

But really?

Everytime Hyuna and Byulyi would be together, I noticed the constant visit of President Min to the dance club. He would just pass by and eye the two girls studying which is normal since he goes on patrol sometimes.

I mean, I am not one to put malice but deep down my gut, something is really suspicious about his actions.

That one time when I caught him staring at them as they nap at the dance studio, he brushed me off and walked away like it is a normal thing to do.

Then, I started deducing the figures I have in my head.

I don't think that President Min is interested with his childhood friend, Hyuna. They were friends since diapers and would have been together long ago if there is romance brewiing between the two. The duo is not also popularly known to be friends since Yoongi is reserved and anticlimactic, while Hyuna loves the adventure and failure.

'Are they ganging up for something of their favor?'

Then Byulyi came to my mind.

'Is Byulyi in trouble? But for what reason?'
.
.
.
Why am I suspecting everything with President Min? Should I share it with Heeyeon and tell Seokjin about it?

I don't know, really.

I guess, I am just over thinking and taking things too seriously as the culprit for Byulyi's blackmail remains anonymous.

"Heeyeon-noona, I have to tell you something."

"Don't call me noona, it's irritating."

"You only listen to me when I call you that. But I have been thinking about it for days. I think there is a possibility that someone close to us is involved with Byulyi's blackmail."

I felt a hand on my shoulder as we heard the words... "Who is it?"

We turned to see Yoongi looking at us suspiciously. He smirked and squinted his eyes at Seokjin who held on to some books, walking back to our table.

"Is there anything you need?" Seokjin asked.

"I need you at the office. I'd like to talk about something." Yoongi replied, darting his gaze on me with an uncomfortable smirk on his lips.