[ Chapter 18 : Rules ]

Start from the beginning

" We're definitely lost " Katelyn said and sputter a bug out of her face.

" We're not " I said.

" How do you know? " Rowena asked.

" We're heading west where the sun sets and if we want to go back just go to the opposite where the sun rises " I said.

" Good job, extra points for Y/n " Mrs. Zvahl said.

" I knew that " Travis said.

" Yeah right " Laurence said and push him forward to move.

Getting through this path we ended up at a clearing.

" We're here " Mrs. Zvahl said.

" Holy shit " Rowena said.

I walk out and keep up to what they're seeing and I couldn't believe my eyes.

" A big cave rock, wow so cool " I lamely said then sniffle my nose.

" It's not a rock dumbass " Katelyn nudges me.

" Ow " I rub my arm.

" It's an ancient cave, look at the top " Laurence points and I look up to see massive writings on the wall.

They seem to be a foreign language.

" These are rare, most of them were destroyed in the war and this is where people used to seek shelter " he said.

" Oh, cool " I said.

" Alright, I'm gonna set some rules " Mrs. Zvahl turns to us.

" One, do not explore further without my notice, two do not touch the walls, these caves are delicate and old, practically unstable, the last thing we want is being entrapped in there, three, watch out for venomous bugs and insects, if your bitten or stung, you come to me right away " she said.

" Understood? "

" Understood! " We all said.

" Now, before we go in, everyone take these " she reaches in her bag then takes out six vials of dark blue liquid that are glowing.

" What are these? " I asked and lift it up to the sun.

The dark blue liquid glows more to a purple like glow and they just dance around in the bottle like a swirl.

" For emergencies only if you encounter a creature, throw it to the ground " she said.

" An explosive potion " I turn to her.

" Someone's paying attention in class " she said then side eyes Laurence.

" Ugh, alchemy is complicated than you think! " Laurence whines as he follows her.

" I don't want to hear it! "

" Mom! "

We all laugh and follow in, as soon as we enter my jaw dropped to see more writings on the wall and paintings.

" Whoa " I said.

" Take notes if you want to " Mrs. Zvahl said and see she kneels down on the ground to a rock with writings carved on it.

I see everyone seem to be interested in a specific area so I just walk to a corridor where I see it's pretty dark and further in.

" Rule number one " I step back and look over my shoulder to Mrs. Zvahl.

She's focus on the writing but I guess her senses are heightened.

" Sorry " I said and step back.

" Y/n, look at this " I turn around to Rowena who's standing by a panting on the wall.