Chapter Thirty-Nine

Athena's POV

"Where's my phone?!" I say hurriedly and run around all the rooms to find it. The thought of never being late on such an important thing makes me even more impatient.

"Athena, don't run!" Dad scolds me. "You're six months pregnant now, and have got a big belly. If you fall, you're in big trouble!"

I stop moving for a moment with my father in front of me, but then I start running again to a different room. Now I find the phone, and the next things I have to find are my paper and my laptop.

"Where are they?!" I'm in so much of a rush that I scream, and start to run through the hallway and search for them.

If this was going to be so hectic in the morning already, I should have prepared well last night. It's not that I hadn't thought to prepare, nor had I forgotten to do so. I was just trying to make sure I was prepared for today. But yesterday, I was so tired that I was resting on my bed, and before I knew it, I fell asleep, and when I woke up, it was already morning. Why didn't Harry or someone wake me up yesterday already?!

I'm still running and looking for my paper and my laptop. I run into Cindy on the way and she gives me a heads up too. "Don't run, Athena."

"Sorry," I say and run past her. But more importantly, where are the things I'm looking for?

As I run the hallway at full speed to the bedroom, I clash with Harry. "Oh no, I'm sorry, babe. Are you okay?" he says as he pats my big belly.

"I'm okay," I soon answer. "Do you know where my paper and my laptop are?" I'm in too much of a hurry and I'm not sure if I said the thing correctly just now, but I wait for Harry's response anyway.

He laughs in a quiet voice. I look at him with a strange look on my face, not understanding why he is laughing, and he hands me that paper and laptop I was looking for.

"What? Where did you find them?" I'm so surprised that my voice turns inside out. "I've searched the whole house!"

He laughs again, this time loudly. "They were under the bed."

"Under the bed?" I ask, my voice still sounding hurried.

"Mhm," he answers with a little smirk. "When you were resting in bed, you put your paper and laptop under the bed because they were on the bed and out of the way."

Oh, I totally forgot about that.

"You know me too well." I jump on him and kiss him on the lips lightly. "Bye, Harry. I'm leaving for Cambridge's interview. I'll probably be back in the evening."

He wraps his arms around my neck and hugs me tight. "What are you saying, babe? I'm going with you, too."

"You're coming with me?" I say as he removes his hands from me. "I'm fine with myself."

"Not only him, but I'm also going there with you." I hear Dad's voice speaking as he walks to the hallway where we are.

I look at them two. "I can drive to Cambridge University by myself, I'll be fine."

Harry looks at me with a look that says, "What are you talking about?"

Dad sighs. "You're pregnant and you can't drive."

I hear those words and it is as if I recall everything. How did I not notice such a thing? I really was going to drive myself and go to Cambridge University by myself.

I grab my father's arm, thinking that time will pass while I am thinking about this. "Then hurry up and let's go now. We'll be late for time."

They both look stunned. "Look at the clock, silly little girl," Dad sighs.