Chapter Twenty-Four

Athena's POV

"Morning."

I get up from the bed lightly, rubbing my eyes. I look in front of me and see Harry dressed formally. "Do I look good?" He spreads his hands, showing full coordination.

I can't help but smile because I realize again how gorgeous he is. "You look good on anything," I say. "But I'm still not used to seeing you in formal attire."

He smiles happily and then kisses my forehead lightly. "Bye, Athena. I'll be back at night."

It's been a week since I ran away from my mother at the coffeehouse. I've decided to forget what she said to me, so I'm already reopened from it. I've stopped thinking about the email. I've stopped thinking about the picture. And I feel much better now.

However, there is a sense of discomfort that still remains.

Harry's been acting differently lately. He always wanted me so much, but he hasn't come to me this week. Now we're just like those normal roommates.

Normal roommates... I thought that was what I wanted? I'm not sure, though.

Harry has just left here a few minutes ago for work. Though today is Saturday, he has work. As someone who is also a college student, I can tell that college students have it tough.

I, on the other hand, decide to laze around all day, so I sit down on the couch and start reading a novel book. Five pages into the book, the intercom rings at the door.

I stand up and walk to the door and open it. Those beautiful blue eyes come into my gaze. "Kyle..."

"Hi, Athena," he greets with a smile. "May I come in?"

I'm still holding the door, frozen. My mind goes empty. My mouth forgets to speak. Can I say that I doubt him about that email?

"Athena?" he says as he sees me not moving at all.

"Stay there, Kyle. Don't come in."

He seems so surprised by what I said. "Okay," he says. "Is there... anything?"

I sigh a little bit. "That day you caught me with Harry on a picnic, were you watching us from far away?"

"What?" He has a look on his face like he doesn't what I'm talking about. "What do you mean?"

"Okay," I breathe out. "I'm gonna tell you things straight."

He nods, looking nervously.

"Someone took a picture of me and Harry from a distance during our picnic and sent it anonymously to my mother. You were the only one who I knew was also there. Was it you?" I say all the things I've been organizing in my head.

Kyle is looking down a bit. "So you're doubting me."

"Mhm," I mumble.

I know I'm doubting him, but still hoping he's not the one. That makes me kind of sad.

"That wasn't me," he slowly says, looking at me straight.

"How can I trust you?" I ask, my heart aching.

He licks his lower lips a little, then takes out his phone and pass it to me. "You can check all my emails, then you'll know there isn't any email that I write anonymously."

I fearfully open the phone he hands me and look at its contents. He is right, there is nothing in the email box that was sent anonymously. And there is no registered email address for my mother.

That means he is innocent.

I quietly hand the phone back to him. "You can come in now." I open the door wide and lead him inside the room.