Chapter Thirty-Three

Harry's POV

Athena's not here anymore.

Fuck. What was I doing? I was determined to get her back, but why did I mess up as I almost got her in my life again? And I made the exact same mistakes as in the past. What was I thinking?

I know she's mad at me. And I know she hates me so much that she never wants to see my face again. But God, I miss her. I miss her so fucking much. Her voice, her looks, her touch, her lips, her words, and her smile for me... When she smiles at me, I'd never feel more alive than that. Her smile just for me is all I want.

I realized I was only me because of her.

Since she left here, I've been like a deadman. No matter what I do, I don't enjoy it. All I can think of is her. I've never realized a person can miss a person they love this much.

I almost hear her voice calling my name. When I'm in the kitchen, I remember the time we cooked together. When I'm in the living room, I remember we cuddled and watched movies. Every time I enter her room, it still smells like her, and I remember the time she got sick and I took care of her. The time I'm in my large size bed, I remember what she tasted like, how her body touched me, and how she kissed me.

Every time the intercom rings, I also get spooked. I know she would never come back, but somehow I get my hopes up. The intercom rings again now. But when I open the door, it's just a pizza delivery guy.

I sigh, sitting on the couch in the living room. I myself am appalled as I eat pizza in a helpless state. I've been telling myself for a year now that it's time to move on, but I haven't been able to take action. What a poor learner I am. I hurt Athena so much in the incident a year ago, and now it's the same again this year. Will I ever learn?

I'm sitting slumped on the couch, just thinking about the same thing in a daze. I may have reached the point where I feel like I'm about to become a cripple.

I close my eyes. I see and hear nothing, of course. There's only me.

But suddenly, there's a sound.

The sound of the door unlocking.

There are only two people who can open that door. Me, and...

Oh my God, maybe it's happening.

I'm still not sure, though. So I walk to the door to check who it is when the door opens.

Oh yes,

               It's her.

"Athena," I say, wrapping around her body with my arms, hugging her very tightly. "I've missed you so much."

She just stands right there, saying nothing but seems to be awkward. When she doesn't respond, frustration explodes within me, and I respond by crashing my mouth down on hers. I kiss her wildly and desperately, and the days of missing her catch up to me and pour out in the form of deep, hungry kisses that leave us both breathless.

She doesn't pull away. She just kisses me back with the same unbridled passion, her hands clinging to my shoulders, seemingly begging me for more.

She still loves me, I know. She did miss me as much as I missed her.

But the moment when I remove my lips away from her, she avoids my gaze. "Athena?" I call her.

"That's not why I'm here," she finally speaks. "I'm here to pick up my stuff."

She enters the room, avoiding me standing at the door. Then she goes to her room.

"No, don't leave." I take her hand as she's packing her things, interrupt her, and turn her toward me. "Please, Athena. We can talk about this."