Chapter Twenty-Eight (Pt. 2)

*a year earlier*

Athena's POV

Harry: Athena? Please don't leave.

Harry: Come back, baby. I'm sorry.

Harry: Please don't leave me alone.

Harry: I love you.

Harry: I'm sorry for what I've said.

Harry: Please, baby.

Harry: I'm sorry, babe.

Harry: I'm sorry.

I sigh into my phone. Because I'm sure he knows that texting me like this won't change anything.

Since the day when we graduated from high school and started living together, we couldn't afford it. Money, academics, etc., and also our differences. So I know I did the right thing in taking the actions I did because living with him together would only make our relationship worse.

But my phone keeps ringing. Does this guy remember what I said to him?

I'm not going back, of course. I'll be hurt again.

We're not the same person as we were when we started dating. We were so in love with each other then, but currently, all we do was fight. And the words he said always hurt me. Now I'm not even sure if he still loved me or not, because he hadn't talked to me properly or said the word 'love' to me in months.

Me: I told you I need space.

Harry: I'm sorry, please come home.

Me: I don't live there anymore.

Harry: Please, I don't want to fight anymore.

Me: Then stop texting me.

Harry: What?

Me: All we do is fight, even through texts.

Harry: I said I was sorry, baby. I need you.

Me: You told me I was nothing without you, but seriously, you wouldn't be able to graduate high school if I weren't teaching you! And you said that I wouldn't be able to live without you supporting me? That's funny cause you were the reason why my mother kicked me out!

I close my phone, trying to cool myself with full of anger down, but soon I get another message.

When I see it, I get so furious that I can't even cry in a lie.

Harry: You're staying at Brad's?

Me: None of your business.

Harry: I know you're with him. Well, I don't care where you're at, but don't you ever come back to me anymore! Cause you know that he's in love with you, so ENJOY YOUR DAMN DATE TIME WITH HIM, YOU FUCKING WHORE.

Me: Fuck you.

I throw my phone away, unable to control my growing anger. I have no idea what the hell this person is thinking. I wonder how much he wants to hurt me and how much he wants to make me angry. Just thinking about him makes me want to destroy everything in the room with the force of my anger.

"You alright?" I hear Brad says.

"Yeah, sorry." I sit down on the couch, making myself comfortable. Brad comes to sit next to me and puts his arms around my head.

"Everything is gonna be fine," he says, rubbing my back. I close my eyes to calm my mind.

"Thanks, Brad."