Chapter Twenty

Athena's POV

I pick up my phone to check the message from my father. I open it and see a picture of my baby cousin.

Aw, so cute.

I keep looking at the pic, smiling. I haven't met him for a couple of months, so I'm sure he has grown up a lot since I last saw him.

He's still adorable, though.

My eyes are so focused on that picture that I don't notice that my roommate is nearby. Then I hear his voice. "Are you texting him again?"

I raise my downward-looking eyes to look at him. "Who do you mean?"

He lowers his voice and says, "Your boyfriend."

I sigh, again. He still doesn't believe me.

"I told you I'm not dating anyone."

He bites his lower lips hard, takes a deep breath, and glares at me. The color of his eyes is darker than usual, it gives me a warning sign. "That's not the answer I want," he says. "Who are you texting? Is that Kyle?"

"No," I say quickly.

His dark eyes' color still doesn't change back to the usual color, furthermore, he opens those eyes wider, looking at me hard. A thousand feelings are running through my mind, and finally, my mind gets empty.

His every body part tells a lot of things, and I can't receive them straight. But a while after, I regain my composure.

Does he know how miserable he looks? All I see in his eyes is jealousy.

Don't give me that look, Harry.

Otherwise, my heartbeat will just race.

"Then why are you smiling at the phone?" he asks.

I show him the pic. "Adorable, right?"

He looks as if he understands the reason why I was smiling. "Mhm, yeah."

But shortly after that, a message comes from Kyle from him at a bad time, in front of Harry.

"Kyle is asking me for a date tonight," I say, trying to reply to it.

Harry takes my phone and throws it onto the couch. "You're not going to it."

"You have no right to make a comment on who I'm going out with."

He shakes his head, mumbling something with his sad face. "No, babe, please no..."

I hate him being like this.

"Why, Harry? You know he's not my boyfriend."

"Then you don't have to go with him," he says. "You know nothing about my feelings. You don't even care. You may be smart, but you're insensitive in this thing."

He's shouting at me, with that face. He also seems tired, he must be upset about this whole conversation. I can tell it by his looks and behaviors.

"What thing?" I ask.

"No, nothing," he mumbles. "Forget what I said, forget everything."

He's going to run away with his tail between his legs.

I won't let you, though.

"Stop saying things if you take it back two seconds later," I say back. "What did you wanna say?"

He falls silent.

His eyes come up with tears. He's crying, but silently.

"Harry...?" I whisper. "Say something, please."