Chapter Thirty-Eight

Harry's POV

"Oh my God, this tastes so good!" The food I'm eating is too great to let my mouth shut up. Is Cindy a genius?

Cindy looks at me happily. "Glad that you liked it."

Then Athena and Ryle tell me that their pride and joy, Cindy, is such a good cook that she used to own a restaurant. I'm eating the food and think it's that good, so I thought it wouldn't be surprising if she had a restaurant, and honestly, I'm not that surprised.

During the dinner, Ryle and Cindy ask a large number of questions. At first, they're all about me, like where I was born, what my parents are like, and also how I met Athena, but then there are a lot of Athena-related questions. Athena and I answer each of those questions carefully.

When everyone finishes eating and starts cleaning up, Athena takes me upstairs. Once upstairs, there is a spacious hallway and several rooms. She enters a room, and I follow her into it. "This is the room we're going to use from now on," she says.

Here, there is a large double bed, large windows, and all the furnishings. In addition, it is stylish. "I already like this."

She sits on the bed and I climb on it, facing her. I see her smiling so I plant a kiss on her forehead, thinking how happy I am. She closes her eyes and then puts her head on my chest. "Harry..."

"Mhm?" I let my deep voice come out. She's so sweet in my arms, and I know I love it.

Now she's looking up at me. So cute like a puppy. "Help me with my practice for the interview."

I'm a little disconcerted to hear her say it. I thought we were going to go into a lovey-dovey mode, and I was ready for it, but she's asking me to help her with the practice.

"Alright, babe. Let me get ready for it." I get up from the bed and go to bring my laptop from my bag. When I'm back to the room, she's already sitting properly on a chair. She's very motivated.

I immediately sit down across from her and begin asking questions. "Do you think hospitals provide sufficient care to elderly people these days?"

She thinks for an answer for a while. "No," she says. "Due to the increasing number of elderly people, hospitals are always crowded and busy. Therefore, the time available to treat each patient is limited."

It's quintessential. She gives a perfect answer. Then I move on to the next question, "Do you think more needs to be done to improve public safety?"

"Yes, I do," she answers immediately. "I do think that more needs to be done to improve public safety for two reasons. First, traffic accidents are still one of the leading causes of injury and death. While modern automobiles are safer than ever before, more needs to be done to automate driving. Hopefully, in the near future, most cars will be driven safely by artificial intelligence rather than by people. Second, technologies such as Internet connectivity and smartphones are very convenient. However, the more we use the Internet, the greater the opportunity for personal information to fall into the wrong hands. Governments need to encourage the companies that make smartphones and sell services over the Internet to do their best to ensure that their products and services are secure. For these two reasons, I believe that security should be improved in several ways."

Again, a perfect answer comes back.

"I think you'll be fine," I say. "Whatever I ask you, you'll give me the perfect answer anyway. I don't think you need more practice."

She smiles at me as she relaxes. "I'm okay with those questions, but I haven't even started writing my submission paper yet. I haven't even decided on a topic yet, and I'm having a surprisingly hard time with mine."