Chapter Twenty-Six

Athena's POV

It's good that Harry's keeping his distance from me, but it has already been a week now. I still don't get the feeling that he is talking to me.

We've been treating each other like strangers to ourselves for the past week. We don't talk at all, of course, and when we do see each other, he doesn't even look at me. Usually, he makes me breakfast, but no more, too.

Today is a busy day for me, I have school and work. I have to be careful not to stress myself out too much at best. Otherwise, I will have a very hard time again...

Harry also has work today. He gets home a little earlier than I do, but it will be tiring, too. We'll probably end up not talking again tonight.

With these thoughts in my mind, I leave the room. The school is not that far away, so I head there on foot. I walk, feeling heavy with the textbooks and notebooks I have packed in my backpack.

And finally, I arrive at my destination. I enter without hesitation and prepare for my first-period class. Chemistry... This is the hardest subject I've had to deal with recently. Especially organic chemistry, there are so many things to memorize that I really don't understand it anymore. Well, it's still better than physics and biology.

The class begins. Everyone listens to the professor seriously.

"Okay, so now I'm going to announce who the winners of the reports submitted last week are." I listen to the professor's words further. "Jackson, Rick, and Cathy... that's all."

I'm not selected for excellence. I'm always chosen. I guess I didn't do so well this time.

And the lecture proceeds as usual. It's boring, to be honest, but for the sake of credits, there's nothing to be done. Organic, Analytical, Physical, Inorganic, and Biochemistry... No, that's way too much.

The lecture continues for a while. The contents of the textbooks are also progressing rapidly. The contents are getting more and more difficult. I realize have to study at a faster pace.

Then the class ends. Everyone gets up from their seats and leaves the classroom. As I'm about to leave, I'm approached by the professor. "Athena!"

I turn around and face him. "Yes, professor?"

He looks serious but also worried at the same time. "Is there anything that happened to you? Your reports are always outstanding but this time..."

I blink twice. "Was there something wrong with my report?"

"It wasn't bad, but... I just feel like it's something different compared to what I've seen before."

I get down as I hear him say. Reports have been always my forte, and I think I worked hard on it as normal this time, but I don't know what happened to me.

"Sorry, I'll work much harder on another one next time."

Then I sigh and leave, hiding my disappointed face. Is there such a thing as a slump for me? I'm not in the good physical condition and my schoolwork isn't going so well. I'd like to go home right away, but I have just finished my first lecture, and the next one is still to come.

I'm just in school for a few more hours, listening to boring lectures.

・・・

And it's finally over.

The next thing I have to do is go to work.

Damn it. I'm now too tired to do it. I even want to take a cheat day off.

Alright, let's go.

I go to my place of business, the pharmacy. I work there as a trainee since I'm still a college student and not licensed as a pharmacist.