Chapter Thirty-Five

Athena's POV

It's been a month.

Which means I've lived here for a month. Which means two weeks have passed since the day my dad came here to see me. As I said before, life here is neither good nor bad.

Life isn't too bad, but something is terrible. It's my physical condition. Recently, I've been feeling even worse, I've been experiencing asthma symptoms more often and my period has been delayed. Is it because of stress? But lately, even though I shouldn't be so stressed, everything I do is tiring me out for nothing.

Now I'm having trouble breathing again. For the past few days, I've been having trouble breathing several times a day. The more symptoms I get, the more often I have to take medication. I check the drawer where I always keep my medicine and there is only one more dose left.

"Baby, you should go to the hospital again." Kyle comes to me as he finds out I'm breathing hard.

"Mhm, yeah."

Kyle and I went to the hospital once when we had just moved in, but the doctor just gave me medicine without any tests. I wonder if the medicine fits me.

"I'll go there today," I say, going to my room to get dressed. I change into clothes that allow me to move as comfortably as possible and come out of the room.

Kyle is waiting for me at the door, dressed casually. I look at him and say, "You have work so you don't have to go with me, I can do that myself."

"I've already called the boss that I'll be absent today," he tells me, taking me to the car.

As he starts driving, an intense headache hits me. I feel dizzy. I tell him to slow down, and then he does as I say.

・  ・  ・

Kyle is standing on the other side of the room. He keeps an eye on me the entire time while the doctor is examining me. After the blood pressure test, the doctor says nothing but shows a serious expression. He hasn't asked me many questions yet, but he glares at Kyle several times.

When the examination finishes, he steps to the way that blocks Kyle's view of me and turns his face to me again. "I need to ask you some personal questions so I'll let this guy leave this room."

I nod, and then a nurse induces Kyle to get out of the room. And now it's just me and that doctor in this room. "Who is he to you?"

"Boyfriend," I answer, thinking if it's the correct answer for me. I've never thought about what's Kyle to me, so I'm a little confused.

"Do you live with him?" Another question comes.

"Yes," I say with a nod.

He sighs with some degree of certainty. "Does he often do something to hurt you?"

This time I shake my head. "No."

And he's a little surprised. "No?" he mumbles. "Are you sure?"

"He's never done anything to hurt me or something."

He looks as if the answer came unexpectedly. I wonder if he really thought that Kyle would be so violent with me regularly. "Your stress figures," he starts to speak but stops.

"Yes?"

He gives me a serious look again. "Looking at your stress numbers, it seems to me that you're either being violated or being subjected to considerable abuse daily. Are you sure he's not doing anything to you?"

I'm in shock this time hearing my stress level is terrible. "He doesn't do anything like those to me."

He keeps a serious look, looking at a paper obviously written all of my health test results. Tension spreads through the room at once as I get more nervous.