Chapter Eight

Athena's POV

"Do you usually come here?"

Kyle's voice is like thrown out into the sea we are now watching. I like the sea for always healing my emotion every time I'm out of the mood. It's a pity that I don't get to come here much now that things are too busy, but when I attended high school, I always went somewhere in the sea during my rest days. The sell of the ocean, and the sound of the waves, calm me down.

"No," I say with a relaxing breath, shrugging my shoulders. "Just when I'm with someone special."

It doesn't take long until I find him smiling. "You're special to me, too."

This place is golden like moonlight. The ocean seems to be resting and slumbering in the evening glow. We are walking on the horseshoe shape of the beach. Towers of shining light stain the sea with their beauty. The scorching sun bakes us like nuts in an oven. The sky shines silver. Perfect vibes, so romantic.

As I shift my gaze to Kyle, the evening sun is on him and he looks a little orange. He notices my gaze so he soon turns away, embarrassed, but also smirking.

Now we sit on the beach. I lean a little closer to him, then he puts his hand on my cheek and guides me to his shoulder. I place my head on top of his as he makes me do.

We stay like this for a while.

As the sky gets darker and darker, I begin to wonder about the time. I pick up my phone to check it. Oh, it's already 6 pm? I have to go... Today was a day off for me so now I'm here with Kyle, but I told Harry I had work and got out of the room. I have to go back now otherwise he'll know I was lying to him.

"Kyle, I have to go now." I just hope my tone of voice isn't showing my sadness that obviously.

He turns to me, blinking several times. "Oh, you're busy tonight?"

"Yeah, I still have a lot to do," I answer, wondering why I am also lying to Kyle. He is not my roommate so there is no point in me doing what I am doing right now. "Thanks for having me today, I had lots of fun."

"Me, too." He leans toward me and kisses my forehead. "Remember to call me tonight, I want to hear your voice before I go to bed."

He's so sweet. Unlike my roommate, who's just using me for sex.

"Bye, love you." This is the last word I hear from him before I go.

・  ・  ・

"Oh, you're back." I hear Harry say as soon as I reach him sitting on his bed with a book in his hand.

He doesn't usually read.

I'm a little curious as to why he suddenly felt to read, but I don't immediately go ask him about it but walk to the sink to wash my hands, as usual, search for the bookshelf to grab a couple of books, then sit down on my bed and start reading, just like Harry does.

"Come here." He makes the gesture with an innocent look. I'm not trying to imply I disapprove of that, just something to think about when I consider that he is so far out of the ordinary. The book. The innocent smile.

"What?"

"Just come here."

I stand up and walk toward his bed, hiding my hesitation. His delight becomes obvious as he reaches out his arm to grab my hand. Slowly pulling me into him, I cannot help but lean to him, then he instantly puts his hand around my waist to make me fall completely towards him.

"Let me kiss you," he whispers. "I haven't kissed you for five days and I miss it like hell."

He's counting the days we didn't kiss.