Chapter Twenty-Three

*two years earlier*

Harry's POV

It's almost been a year since I started dating Athena. We're still studying together after school, but not at that library, it's at my house.

"Baby, I'm tired. Can we take a break and cuddle for a minute?" I say to my pretty girlfriend sitting next to me.

"Harry, we've just started 5 minutes ago."

I sulk and put my face on the desk. I guess people like me who have trouble concentrating might still be better off giving up studying.

"C'mon honey, the next exams would be our last ones, so let's do our best."

Athena is in full study mode, because she's speaking to me but her pen is still going. How can she concentrate so much on her studies?

"Okay, ma'am..." I say in a frustrated tone.

I hold my pen and go back to my studies.

As Athena said, we have the final exams very soon. And after that, we'll graduate our high school. Well, I failed this final graduation exam twice and am still in this school...

Maybe this is my last chance to graduate.

I look at the exam schedule I have in my hand to check the exam dates and subjects. On the last day, we have chemistry—my least favorite subject.

I open my textbook and suddenly feel a headache. So many symbols, chemical formulas, mathematical equations... I can't remember them. I don't even understand each formula. I mean, what's the point of doing this?

This is no longer studying, it's just a rigorous ordeal from high school to graduation. Just thinking about it makes me sick. Well, maybe that's the reason that I have failed twice.

"Athena, can you teach me..." I'm at a loss for words.

"Yes, Harry?" she says. "What do you want me to explain? Anything is okay."

I hope she won't get mad. "Everything..."

Her expression hardens. Well, that's probably true. It's a graduation exam, so of course, the scope of the exam is all the material we've covered up to this point. I'm now recklessly asking her to explain it all. Moreover, the textbook is over 600 pages long and extremely thick, so just explaining half of what is in the textbook would surely take up the rest of the day. What I am demanding of her now... This is terrible, isn't it?

But her expression slowly slackens. "Do you mean the whole chemistry thing? I guess I can do this, but you have to pay your whole attention to it, okay?"

Wow.

Her eyes are looking at me. She's smiling.

She's a smart, kind, pretty, wonderful, and too brilliant girl.

"Okay," I say as I prepare for it. I have a pen, notepad, notebook, and sticky notes. I'm perfectly ready.

She begins to explain. I listen intently. Her way of teaching is very easy to understand, and even I, an idiot, can understand it. She is a real blessing to me.