Chapter Sixteen

Athena's POV

I wake up with my alarm ringing shrilly. I rub my eyes and look at the clock which shows 9 am. Since I'm on my holiday now, there is no need for me to get up from my bed yet, and my body is still relaxed like lazybones.

That's the moment after that my phone suddenly receives a notification. Upon checking, I see it exhibits that it is from Kyle.

Kyle: What are you doing?

Me: Lying in my bed.

Kyle: Wanna hang out tonight?

Me: For sure.

I get up directly and head to the bathroom to put some makeup on. Makeup is a must for girls, especially if they are going on a date. Everyone would like to go out looking adequate about themselves, including me. Foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. Looks fine. Now the only missing thing is lovely outfits.

I soon look for the edge of the closet because I remember buying a nice dress at a store on sale at the time in case I was asked to go out. Now is the perfect time to find it to put it on, and I do.

Great.

"You look good, Athena," I tell myself.

Even I can't believe how incredibly enthusiastic I am about my coordination, and I'm quite pleased with it, so much so that I take selfies of myself with my phone. I am completely ready for the date.

As I feel a little gaze from behind, I glance in that direction and see my roommate looking at me as if his body has frozen. "Why are you..."

This time I turn around to see his face clearly and his messy hair. He's probably just gotten up. I move my eyes on his face while finding his eyes moving up and down, staring at my dress up, but soon I look down.

"Why am I... what?" I say, not even facing him.

He keeps staring at my head to my feet. "Are you going somewhere? You don't usually wear makeup, and the dress..."

None of your business.

But I don't say it.

"I'm hanging out with my friend," I tell him instead.

"You only dress up like this when you're going to have fun with a guy."

Still none of your business.

"What's his name?" "Where does he live?" "How long have you known him?" His questions come one after another.

It's all none of your business, Harry.

"Not a guy," I lie, straining really hard not to face him because I'm pretty sure he is furious about it right now and I don't want to glimpse his angry face at this very moment.

"You're lying," he slowly speaks. It doesn't sound like it was hard to find out.

I don't say a thing but look at him with a complicated look.

After a few seconds, I do speak, but just an unnecessary phrase with a dismissive tone, "I won't come back until midnight, I guess."

"