Chapter Five

Athena's POV

"Good morning, babe!" As the good-modded Harry kisses me, his warmth spreads out throughout my body from the morning. I don't hate it, in point of fact I like it, but he is my enemy. I have to keep that in my mind at all times with wariness.

"Stop kissing me and don't call me babe."

Harry titles his head innocently, stops for a little while, and opens his mouth again, "Okay, babe."

I sigh. He grins. This is pretty annoying to me. I can't help myself wonder in my head if this person couldn't even listen to what people said. If he could, did he hear what I said two seconds ago?

Sensing that this will be done many times in the days to come, I am reluctant to speak up. "I only agreed to be enemies with benefits so you're not allowed to kiss me when we're not in bed," I tell him.

For me, there is nothing to be smiling or funny because I'm saying seriously, but as he laughs at my words, he is already extremely close to me. His hands are on my cheeks and then his lips touch mine softly. "But I know you like being kissed."

His breath also becomes soft and then kisses me briefly again on the neck before he releases me, and finally walks out the door. I watch him leave, stunned, before falling into my chair.

He's so rude.

I don't think I would ever get used to this.

With the blur left in my head, I want to get him out of the way, so I set about starting my college assignment with my notebook and laptop in a heavy mood. Once I begin, from there I can concentrate on my studies, so I don't have to care about anything else. Time flies and about two hour passes since I started, my body and eyes are getting tired from staring at the computer screen for so long, so I lie down on the couch and reach for my phone, which is nearby.

I know my eyes are already fatigued because of the screen, but as I realize that a message came in, I can't help but read it. And I reply at the speed of light.

Megan: Do you wanna do something fun with me tonight?

Me: Sure, I'd love to.

Finally, something called fun is going to enter my life, which has always been boring for this entire year.

Megan: Are you fine living with him?

Me: Um, yeah. We talk a little now.

Megan: You can bring him too if you want ;)

Me: Never.

I lay my phone down on the table, noticing myself smiling happily. It is a rare night to look forward to because I don't usually go out with someone but just do nothing, so I'm especially excited about things like this. But what is foremost in my mind right now is that I can't wait to go out tonight to escape from that idiot.

・  ・  ・

"Who are you looking at?" While I am staring one way, a voice comes to my ear from beside me.

I'm at a bar with Megan next to me. But this time, unlike the last time I came here with her, the room is so crowded with people in high spirits. The bar is a wonderful place to lift our mood, and I'd love to come here to meet people even though they are strangers. Regrettably, I have to remember that I ended up terribly that time because I drank too much and even barely walked, so now I have to be immensely careful not to make the same mistake —being carried by my ex-boyfriend to the room and... don't even want talk about the rest of things that happened.