Chapter Two

Athena's POV

I couldn't sleep last night, and I know why. I guess he knows why, too. But in case he doesn't, I also know why. He was too busy with her girlfriend last night having loud sex to care about other things, and he is probably still not over the night that thinking about it right now at a bar like I am right now with a glass of alcohol drink in his hand. I just hope he isn't here as I am, though. Don't want to meet up even here. Especially on the very next day from the day I heard him being loud.

It does make me hurt that he has moved on pretty quickly, while I'm still struggling with my mind. In this way, I guess I am the type of person who holds onto the past. When I see that he doesn't seem to care anymore, I start to get frustrated, knowing that I have to move on, but if I stay in this state of mind, things will probably just not work out again.

Back to the topic of Harry's new girlfriend, she was so beautiful. I never got to meet someone like her who fits the word perfect so perfectly. Including me, all girls would aspire to have her appearance. I'm sure I won't ever be able to forget about a girl who got everything perfect. In that perfection, no wonder Harry likes it.

I can't get them off my mind.

"Are you alright? You usually drink happily." I have Megan, who has been my best friend since high school, imbibing alcohol with me. She knows me being so stressed.

"I don't think I can handle this. Sharing the room with Harry. I guess we'll always fight. Just like enemies." It makes me feel so down when I think of him, even if he isn't here. But I couldn't help myself complaining about him.

My head is already full of it and nothing else comes in. Harry and I had already ended our relationship so I thought I would never see him again, but he came back to me. I've only seen this kind of development in romance novels, but what is different from those romance novels is that I don't see any good development at all. I just feel like everything is going to go bad.

"Harry is your new roommate, right?" Megan speaks out.

"Yes," I answer, looking down.

I forget how to forget someone in my head. Moreover, he is the one I don't like.

"You really do hate him, huh?" Megan sighs, exasperated. I don't think it is unreasonable for her to be appalled, but we both have never been in this situation before, which is why I hope she takes me more seriously and sympathizes with me. It is completely not her business, though.

"I don't know..." I finally make my head up and look at her confused. At the same time, I have the feeling that I am most in need of a real answer to her question.

Contemplating how much better it would be if people could erase their past, I'm shaking my head. There is no way for me to do it. I've tried to do it for an entire year, but I never succeeded. That's how human emotions are complicated, and I again recognize we have to reflect on our feelings regularly.

Megan takes her glass of spirit and drinks it up roughly. "It's already been a year, right?"

"Since what?" I know what she is talking about, but I just don't want to admit it that soon. I may not even be able to have a proper conversation anymore.

"Harry and your breakup."

I nod. "Um, yeah."

Megan sighs. "Can't you guys be normal friends?"

This time I sigh, trying to find a word to say. I drink the last glass of wine vigorously, quickly order another one, and finally speak again, "I wouldn't be struggling with this thing if we could be friends easily. It's always very awkward when I'm in my room with him. And..." but am cut off by Megan. But she still looks tiresome.