Chapter Thirty-One

Harry's POV

Today is the day Athena has to go to work in the morning. In my case, since nothing is going on today, I'd like to laze around all day. But Athena will be busy with work, so I get up early in the morning, quickly make breakfast for her, and put it on the table. I also leave a note for her to read before she leaves.

Good luck with your work! - H

I know this is just a simple short message, but I hope this would get Athena encouraged and motivate her.

Then I go back to my bed. I fall asleep again, thinking that I'll just laze around all day.

But a half hour later, I wake up again. Why? I'm so sleepy now. Why would I wake up?

I go to the living room in a sleepy state and see Athena, who has finished getting dressed. She smiles at me with a soft expression on her face as she finds me walking toward her. "Thanks for the breakfast and the note."

"That's my pleasure, darling," I respond in a deliberately formal way, acting like a prince. I see her expression loosen even more.

She holds her bag. "I'll go now," she says.

I quickly come up with the words. "Wait!"

She looks back at me slowly and elegantly. So beautiful. It's as if a celebrity is shining brightly, charming the many people present. But in her case, even if there aren't many people there, her presence alone is enough to make the space shine. And I'm always fascinated by that.

I want to keep looking at her beautiful figure, but I know she has to leave here now. I say the words that just popped into my head, "Am I allowed to kiss you? On your cheek."

She hears my words and her expression remains the same. "Yes, you are," she slowly answers.

When I hear the answer I wanted the most, I immediately get close to her, stand at her edge, place my hand on her waist, and kiss her cheek. This is the sweetest thing that has happened in the past week.

I find her smiling as my lips leave her cheek. "I'll be back in the evening," she says, and leaves. I see her off at the front door until her back is out of sight. Then I go back to sleep, again.

・  ・  ・

How many hours have I been sleeping here? I don't remember. I get up from the bed again and look at the clock. It shows 3 pm. Athena usually finishes work after 4 pm, so I guess I should get ready and change my clothes for seeing her get back here.

I change into a simple outfit. A white T-shirt and jeans are my standard attire.

Then I sit on the couch for a while, relaxing and checking my phone for notifications. No messages today. I just watch some YouTube videos to wait for Athena's come back.

But suddenly for some reason the intercom rings. I didn't shop for anything online, nor did I order pizza or anything. I look at the clock again, but it's still a little past three o'clock. It's still too early for Athena to come home.

Then who's at the door?

I go to the front door, wondering, then open it. "Hi?"

"Oh," a girl's standing there, looking up at me. "Hi, Harry."

It's Megan.

"Hey," I say, smiling at her. "Sorry but Athena's still not home. Wanna come in and wait?"

She nods so I let her in. I immediately lead her to the couch and tell her to make herself comfortable.

"How are you and Athena doing lately?"