Chapter Fourteen

Athena's POV

It's Thursday.

My favorite day of the week.

I don't have to go to work.

I'm lying down on my bed, reading a technical book. Exams are soon, and I haven't studied for them at all, so I'm in a bit of a hurry since I cannot afford to drop even one credit. I try very hard to focus on the book, but I can't study calmly at all. When I look to the side, I see the cause. He is staring at me.

"What are you up to, Harry?" I put down my book, throw it on the table, and glance lightly at him. He takes the book to the table and looks at the title. "University Physics."

I see him smiling, looking at it. "Miss those days," he mumbles in a whisper. It recalls me that I used to help him with his studies to not to let him miss his graduation. Fortunately, he didn't flunk out, but he still just barely made the grade.

It sounds already been ages ago.

He puts the book back on the shelf where it belongs. Though I was trying to study hard and diligently, his presence still distracted me. I should've gone to a library or somewhere.

"Wanna play truth or dare?" he says, sitting on his bed, bracing his legs, and I know it's a sign that he wants to be bothered.

"You know I hate that game," I reply.

He laughs as he looks at me, shaking his head. "I know it so I asked you to play."

I shut up. He is a bad guy. I don't want to play the game, especially with him, because he must surely ask nasty questions and dares.

"Play the game or you'll have to say you love me." He makes eye contact with me.

You see?

I'm appalled, and I don't care too much. "Alright, alright," I say, almost it's like a dare.

"Okay." He smiles. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

He looks up a little and happily starts to think about the question. After a moment, he seems finally come up with one and opens his mouth, "When was your first kiss?"

I'm relieved that the question isn't as mean-spirited as I thought it would be. "Fourteen," I answer. "With my middle school boyfriend."

"Was he a good kisser?"

"I liked the kiss so I'd say yes he was," I answer, remembering that moment.

He smiles. "A sweet first kiss," he says. "It's my turn now, and I choose truth, too."

I begin to think of a question. I want something mean to him... "What was the most embarrassing thing you've ever done on a date?"

A little chuckle comes out of his mouth. "Oh... I have one," he mumbles. "I was with you, that time. I fell down the stairs as I was greeting you. Then as I went to give you a kiss on the cheek, I missed and awkwardly kissed you on your lips!"

We're laughing so hard together. "Oh, I remember! It's so funny when it flashbacks!" I say, still cannot stop laughing.

"Haha, never wanted to make that happen again." He shakes his head quite hard, but is still laughing as I am, too.

That time lasts for a while. We talk about those memories, favorite things, and funny moments a lot. It's not bad to talk about these memories, even if I'm doing that with my ex.

"Now, your turn. Truth or dare?"

"Dare," I respond.

He smirks. I have a bit of a bad feeling... "Kiss me," he says immediately. "On my lips."