Chapter Seven

*three years earlier*

Harry's POV

I run into my classroom. I hope I'm not late for the math class.

Everyone is in their seats, looking at my messy hair. I overslept this morning so I didn't even have my breakfast and ran. The speed was the fastest I had ever felt.

As I sit on the chair with rough breaths, looking down, the teacher starts to speak, "Are you alright, Styles?"

I look up. "Yes, mister."

Still tired from the run, I gradually get my breathing under control. The thought of tiring classes ahead makes me even more tired, but skipping this one would be a terrible idea again, so this is where I have to step up to the plate. I take my textbooks, pencil case, handouts, and everything else I need for class from my bag with reluctance. Oh shit, I forgot my homework at home.

I just hope the teacher doesn't feel my impatience, but he doesn't seem to be in the middle of it right now. He immediately speaks out, "Today, we have a new student. She's already sitting over there." As he points to the seat where the one next to mine, I soon turn my face to it.

Wow, a pretty girl is here.

She stands up and everybody's eyes focus on her. "Hi, I'm Athena Scott."

Athena.

Athena Scott.

Her name is Athena Scott.

I say her name over and over in my head. No clue why but I feel it is the right thing for me. My eyes go back to her, I seem to be looking at some kind of jewelry, and I think a dazzling light pointing at my eyes.

She speaks like an angel. She stands like a model. She sits like a queen.

When I stare at her for a few seconds, she is looking at the textbook and writing something difficult that I would never understand.

She looks so smart.

"Well, Athena Scott took an exam from me as you all did, and she got the highest grade." I hear mister utter in a pleasant mood.

Oh.

Wow.

She is so smart.

"What's also amazing about her is..." he continues to speak. "She got so good grades that she skipped a grade and came here. That means she's one year younger than you guys."

Oh my dear God... she is super damn smart. It's the exact opposite of me.

Maybe she's got everything perfect.

I think about it for a while, more like imagining, then suddenly find mister catches my eye. I instantly huff at that and hurriedly turn my head toward him because I know he has something to tell me.

"And Styles, are you okay? You got the lowest grade again! If you get the lowest next time, you won't be able to graduate and you'll stay in school for one more year."

Wait, what?

I'm the lowest again?

I think I studied hard.