Chapter Twenty-Seven

*present*

Harry's POV

Last night.

I had the best sex ever.

With a random girl.

This morning when I wake up, all I think about is last night...

No, I just wish I did.

All I now think about is the miserable look Athena gave me in the living room. I feel guilty about not talking to her properly, but I couldn't help myself stubborn at that time.

But Athena might not think anything about that.

The hazy feeling in my heart has not disappeared yet. The images of that time are still clear in my mind. I realize that the more I want to erase something from my memory, the more it stays in my mind.

I've been ignoring her for a week and it's because of that kiss.

I know I'm just jealous, and I'm selfish to treat her like I'm doing now, but I really don't understand at all why she went to Kyle's again, even though I was by her side.

Now I head to the kitchen in a daze. I make a light breakfast and eat it. Then I leave the kitchen again. The next thing I do is check the time on my phone. It's already 8:30 am. I'm sure Athena had school today. I wonder if she has already left early in the morning because that girl always acts on time, so she is probably already at school, and because I don't think I've seen or felt any sign of her since I woke up.

But when I notice that the backpack she always carries to school is in the living room, I feel something wrong. I immediately unzip the bag and take a look. I see that her study materials, notebooks, and handouts are in the exact same condition as they were yesterday.

Then I head for the front door. As expected, her shoes are still here. That means she is still in her room.

I recheck the time, it shows 8:45 am. Her first lecture starts at 9 am, and if she doesn't there now, she won't make it in time. What is she doing in her room? Is she still sleeping in her bed? She always wakes up early on school days, but I wonder if she's too tired to get up today. This has never happened to her before.

Or is she intentionally staying in her room because she doesn't want to see me anymore because of what happened yesterday? Well, I don't think so. She's not the kind of girl who would sacrifice her schoolwork for anything. She probably just can't get up and oversleeps.

I get close to Athena's door and knock on it lightly. "It's time to get up, Ms. Scott."

There is no response. It makes it clear that she's still sleeping. I knock on the door hardly. "Get up!"

Still no response. "Get up! Athena!" I yell through the door.

This time I knock much harder on the door, almost breaking my fingers. "Come on, Athena! Wake up!"

Still no response. I'm starting to get pissed off. Thinking that the door is locked, I take the doorknob and pull it down as hard as I can. The door isn't locked. As soon as I know it, I open the door with a mighty thump.

"... Athena?"

My spine freezes for a second.

But soon I run to her. "Athena!!" I shake her body, but no response.

She is lying unconscious on the floor.