Chapter Thirty

Athena's POV

A few days have passed since the day I first woke up in this hospital bed. I've been feeling better and my oxygen levels have been stable. Now I've recovered enough to do squats already.

I hear the door being knocked on. "Come in," I say, preparing myself.

Then a doctor and a nurse come into the room. "I'm glad you look like you've recovered a lot." The doctor looks at my face, taking a note in his hand. And then the nurse comes to me and measures my blood pressure and fever. On both ends, she sees the readings of them. "Everything is fine." The nurse smiles.

"Okay, so you're gonna be discharged today," the doctor says, showing me a piece of paper with discharge details.

I smile at both of them. "Thank you for the past few days."

"We just did what we did," he says. "And one more person is coming in." We all look at the door for that someone to come in.

It's him.

He comes close to me. "You alright now?" he asks.

I nod with not a smile, but a soft look. Then he starts to speak again, "Sorry that I'm the one coming to get you."

I neither nod nor shake my head. I look at Harry and find he looks alright, but the thought still lingers that he might have been getting defensive if I got angry again.

"Is he your boyfriend?" the nurse speaks, smirking a little. I see Harry freeze a little when he hears it. He's trying to open his mouth, but perhaps there are no words to come out.

"We're friends," I answer her instead. "And also, roommates."

They look convinced now. "Okay Ms. Scott, pack your things and you can go now. Have a nice day!"

"You guys too!" I say to them as a last goodbye.

Now it's only me and Harry in this room. I silently start packing up my stuff, and Harry silently helps me with it. The room is quieter than the library, even though there are two people in it.

As we finally leave the room, Harry silently leads me to where he parked his car, carrying most of my stuff. He puts the things behind the back seat of the car and says, "You can sit in the back seat if you're not comfortable sitting next to me."

I shake my head. "I'm okay with it."

Then he opens the door for me, helping me get into the car. We're all quiet from here. He's driving, but looks at me from time to time, and seems to have something he wants to say to me. I try not to make eye contact with him and look straight ahead the whole time, but I can see his face in my vision and I know he's looking at me.

When a red light comes, he makes the car stop. He turns his face toward me and gives me a look. I pretend not to feel his gaze, but I still see him in my vision, so I glance at him, too. When my eyes go to him again, he doesn't miss it either. "Athena..."

He tries to hold my hand which I'm putting on the side of my seat. I try to move my hand away, but then the traffic light changes at the light moment. "Harry, the light turned green."

He quickly puts his hands back on the steering wheel and drives off again as if nothing had happened. The car is silent again.

Then, after driving the car a few kilometers again, he pulls into a parking area. "I'm a little tired after driving for two hours, so let's take a short break here."

"Okay." I half-smile at him. But in my mind, I'm saying, "You're lying."

I know he didn't park here because he's tired, it's because he has something to say to me. I feel him wanting to make it clear about us.